Doubt with MoboPlayer?

mrmister

Dec 15, 2011
Hello, I have a doubt about MoboPlayer.
I have installed the last version of MoboPlayer 1.2.176, however, my tablet do not reproduce well the AVI files, what I see is the screen black and I only listen the voices. With other files formats as WMV works fine, but AVI fails. That is normal, I need to install the codecs.

Okay. My question is, which of these codecs should I install?

My tablet is a Hannspree Hannspad Tablet PC, ARM A9 DC + Tegra II T20 1GHz, 512MB RAM,16GB Flash, 10.1" Touch LED, Bluetooth, Android 2.2
It has ARM Cortex A9 (Dual-Core).

And now I have the following kind of codecs available to install...

ARMV5te
ARM V5te_VFP

ARM V6
ARM V6_VFP

ARM V7_VFP
ARM V7_VFPV3
ARM V7_NEON

I understand ARM 5... 6... 7.... is the processor so I'd have to install the codecs according the processor my tablet has.
Because mine is ARM Cortex A9 (ARM 9) I understand I should install any of the ARM V7 codecs.
Is that correct?

But... from the ARM V7... which one should I install???

What the guys of Mobo says is this (I find it confusing)...

• ARMV7, ARMV6 VFP and ARMV6, what are the differences? In order to better enhance the playback and performance, we have compiled for different CPU with different versions. For ARM V7 version we optimized and compiled by making use of the ARMV7 CPU architecture, by fully enabling the NEON instruction set, it provide the best performance. Some devices do not support ARM V7 or NEON, so the V7 version will not work correctly. Currently, higher-end Android phones on the market are based on ARM V7 framework. So if you have a phone like above we recommend you that you select the ARM V7 version.
Which one should I install???

If you could give me a clue I'd thank you a lot.

Thanks

mrmister

Dec 15, 2011
Solution found: Use always rockplayer and select in its settings, software decode mode. It plays perfectly all kind of video files... Even audio ac3 with video files.