Dozens of Android Apps Pulled From Market Due To Malware Infections

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
I found this on Google News this morning.
"Apps released by developers under the names “Kingmall2010″, “we20090202″, and “Myournet” contain the DroidDream malware and have been pulled from the Android Market. Google is also remotely removing infected apps as well. Lookout Mobile Security has a list of all of the apps that have been pulled. The apps reportedly could compromise a user’s personal data."

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The root exploit used in these apps was fixed with Android 2.2.2 and 2.3.3 I think? That means they killed one click root as well for Android.
Google pulls Market apps with root exploit -- one patched in AOSP, but you probably didn't get it | Android Central

Falling Down
Super Guitar Solo
Super History Eraser
Photo Editor
Super Ringtone Maker
Super Sex Positions
Hot Sexy Videos
Chess
下坠滚球_Falldown
Hilton Sex Sound
Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls
Falling Ball Dodge
Scientific Calculator
Dice Roller
躲避弹球
Advanced Currency Converter
App Uninstaller
几何战机_PewPew
Funny Paint
Spider Man
蜘蛛侠
All the apps were published by Myournet to the Android Market. The apps use the rageagainstthecage exploit to root your phone (or tablet), which opens the door for the app to do anything with your data -- like send it to a remote server. Of course with root it can do much worse as well.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I wonder if psneuter will still work...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Nevermind. I didn't read the article close enough and completely missed the point. I don't really know about one-click-root, but this is a patch we should put on all our ROMs.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I read this this morning and almost had a heart attack because i just downloaded fall down (pretty fun game by the way) last week and i thought that "falling down" as stated in the article was what i had downloaded but a quick check eased my mind. The thing that sucks most is even though Google is pulling the apps off of devices that have downloaded them the damage is already done and to completely get red of it you have to completely wipe your phone and start fresh.