Droid Tablet Hunter

3Frog

Aug 7, 2011
Hi all,
I'm finally on the hunt for an Android Tablet.:D I have had two android phones so I know the OS reasonably well. Prices of tablets seem to be coming down a bit but there are so many to choose from its a little daunting!:(

I have some requirements and was wondering if anyone here might have some suggestions or pointers.

I'm in Ireland but I guess I can buy online so sourcing is not the biggest issue.

The tablet is to be used for:
- Voip phone,
- Photo viewing/slide shows
- Web browsing.

Specs are something like this:
- Battery. It can be plugged in 80% of the time so battery not so important.
- Audio. It needs to have a microphone and speaker. Not good but VOIP functional.
- Camera for video and VOIP. Resolution not so important but something functional all the same.
- Size not critical but 10" would be preferred.
- SD card support. Photos from cameras will be dumped on to it. So SD card support is preferred through there are other ways around this issue with network access.
- Display resolution is important for photo viewing but price might win out if higher rez is too expensive.
- WiFi is essential but I think thats normal.
- Rugged or rugged casing available. Its going to be used (and abused) by toddlers/children though supervised. So a way to make it last as long as possible is required.

Perhaps there are other aspects you can suggest for the purpose. Its really just going to be used by Sisters/nephews/nieces, Grandmothers and others to talk and share photos. When its idle it will be probably just run a slide show. Actually I must find a good slide show app too.

Anyway all suggestions or comments appreciated.

Thanks,

3Frog.

3Frog

Aug 7, 2011
Thank you spider.
I obviously didn't look hard enough when I first looked for my answer. :eek:

TannimKyraxx

Aug 8, 2011
as far as i know the toshiba thrive is the only one that has a full sized sd card slot. that was a big factor in my deciding to pick it.