dRom

What would you like to see in the next dRom?

• Kernel Tweaks(comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • build.prop tweaks(comment)

• V6 Supercharger

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other(comment)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greeneyez15o

Dec 27, 2011
I don't use kindle, but the playstore one does work. And kindle is not built-in. Yes, playstore is included.

Sent from my LGL55C using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

How did u get cw recovery working for 209 ? Volume keys arent doin a thing

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
My cwr works, I use it.

Sent from my dRom using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

greeneyez15o

Dec 27, 2011
My cwr works, I use it.

Sent from my dRom using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I finally got cwr working but when i try to flash anythin it says error bad download in cwr . It got atuk their so i hit the reset button n now its frozen on boot screen, gonna go take it bak n get another one , which rom did u use ?

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
When I try to flash I'm getting:
E:Can't open /sdcard/dRom-0.0.6.1.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

after selecting the .zip in cwm. I get the same thing when I try the tb9.zip rom as well.

CWM Recovery v6.0.1.5

Ideas?

WoweeRobert

Dec 29, 2011
1. download drom and place it on your sdcard Link here
2. download hack pack and unrar it with winrar Link here
3. install adb driver when tablet is plugged in so your pc can "talk" to the tab this should be in the hack pack in google adb folder(this is a win7(x64) driver)
View attachment 9178
after running the 3 bat files in the hack pack you should be in recovery
4. wipe everything except your sdcard and install drom

Thank you.

Just a few more questions.

In CWM do I install each zip file one at a time? Is there an order to them which I need to follow? Or, Do I select one file and them allow an automated process to install from the remaining 4 files?

This would be for my D2Pad 209 model.

Thanks.

netizenmt

Nov 12, 2011
I'm having trouble getting CWM to mount my devices so that I can install anything. Is there anything I can look at to try to correct this?

Last edited:

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
My version is now up. TWRP will be up soon. I hope.

Last edited:

netizenmt

Nov 12, 2011
It does.

Regarding the ROM itself, nice job. The only issue I have with any of these custom ROMs is the lcd density change. Some of us are old farts and that tiny print is a little too small for us. Easily modified of course.

MiniPilote

Jun 7, 2013
Is anybody still around here? I purchased 2 of these tablets for my kids for Christmas last year. They worked great. My son eventually bought a new one and I got the old one. It was replaced under warranty. It is a D201208B model. I'd love to at least get the Google Apps onto it and a clean custom rom would be awesome. I'm fairly new to this stuff but have hacked phones. I've downloaded what I could find from this thread. Would the instructions and files from the previous post work with this model? Is this only an SD hack so it essentially loads from the SD and leaves the main installed version alone?

Thanks for any assistance.

jwmullins

Oct 19, 2013
Hello everyone. I am new to tablets and it appears to me that the lingo is different than for computers, also. I bought a d2 several months ago and have been trying to flash a custom rom to it. I have had no success at all. I have read many articles on different forums and tried a lot of different procedures, but still have not got a new rom or bootloader. My S/N is PC TE201210xxxxx. I understand you have to have the right adb drivers, rom and boot loader for your specific d2. I have tried goomanager, rom installer, rom manager. I can not boot into recovery with any of these programs, or by using power and volumn switches. I have read many times that adb has to be working, but have not seen where anyone says how you can tell if it is working or not.
I have work with computers for quite a while, but as I said the tablet scene is different. I would really like to see something go forward with this tablet because it is just the right size for what I am trying to use it for.
If anyone can help, please email me ([email protected]) and tell where I can find the information I need to flash a custom rom and bootloader. And more important, how do I tell if adb is working or not.
I have a computer with Win 7 Prof., and one with Win XP.
Thank you for listening.

John Mullins

Last edited: