Dropad A8 internal/external memory and Update issue

aanderson14

Jan 10, 2012
Ok, Im new to the Android tablet world and slow to understand so cut me some slack. In Settings/Storage my Dropad shows the internal SD as mounted and the external SD as the NAND memory. I dont know how that happened. I have loaded Rubberband 2.1.2 on it and had no problems with it. I just noticed it that way a few days ago. So, what did I do, well I tried to install the Firmware again and it doesnt see the external SD to load it and I just have to abort. My question is, can I copy the the Firmware into the Internal SD and then load since it obviously is looking to the internal SD for the update when I press Power button and the Menu Button to upgrade? Please help because the tablet runs on the current ROM fine but I cant load any other ROMs now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

My dropad has the following specs: 1Ghz Samsung S5PV210 Cortex A8 processor
FCC Certified US Version of the Herotab C8
4GB Internal SD (expandable with an upto 32GB microSD SDHC card)
Wifi 802.11b/g Built-in Lithium Polymer Battery, 4000mAH, 3.7V
512mb RAM
0.3 Megapixel Camera
HDMI Out

aanderson14

Jan 10, 2012
Ok, let me clarify. My current firmware is running fine. Except, I cant load any new firmware. I get the "Cannot find any update image" message and just have to hit the back button to reboot. The unit boots fine on its current firmware. THe other thing is the internal SD card shows as the Mounted external SD. When I add the external SD it shows in my settings as NAND memory. Can anyone tell me what happened and how I can fix this? How did the two SD cards switch. For the loading new firmware problem, could I just copy a new firmware into the internal SD and boot then? Please help. THis unit is kinda semi bricked.
THanks,