Dropad A8 wont start up

DroidDown

Apr 28, 2011
Hello

I have a Dropad A8 chipset S5pv210 Arm Cortex A8 1.2 Ghz

Here is a link to it from where I got it from

7" Google Android 2.2 Tablet PC Capacitive Screen Flash | eBay

I've had it about a month. Last night I was reading an ebook on it & got a low battery, connect charger 'warning'. I looked for the charger for about 5 mins but was unable to locate it so I shut down the tablet. This morning I found the charger so plugged it in, the light was green when I unplugged it. A few hours later at a cafe I turned it on again, it came up with a bunch of error's with force close being the only option. Then it shut down.

Now all it does is get to the MID screen (the screen before the unlock screen I believe) then it shuts itself down again.

I have tried many different button combos that I read on the net, admittedly I have prob made this worse :(

If anyone has any ideas or imput I would really appreciate some help. Thank you for reading

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
If you have nothing absolutely important on the internal memory i would reccomend to try to flash the pad newly.
you can use the Haipad M7 firmware that is published HERE
or use the one i have mirrored: M7+__20110402.rar

DroidDown

Apr 28, 2011
If you have nothing absolutely important on the internal memory i would reccomend to try to flash the pad newly.
you can use the Haipad M7 firmware that is published HERE
or use the one i have mirrored: M7+__20110402.rar

Thank you for the response. Please forgive my ignorance but I cant figure out what to download off those links, the first in another language the second opening unrelated windows. Could you please describe which to click on the links?

DroidDown

Apr 28, 2011
Ah nevermind it seems to be downloading now :)

EDIT: Should I be worried that some folders seem to be missing in thay download, things like DCIM and twidroid peacock?

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
No, that is a firmware instalation file.
you unpack the .rar to the root folder of your external SD-card
then power the pad on while holding the power and menu or back key until the upgrade system has started.

DroidDown

Apr 28, 2011
I've done that but it didn't work it, here is what it says , :(

upgrade system started
cannot find any update image
Press menu to init sd card/ back to cancel

making partitions

mmc card init successfully
device will shut down in 5 4 3 2 1 then shuts down

EDIT: Got it working, woohoo (for now at least, knowing my luck with technology it will stuff up on me again soon).

Last edited:

raz23

Oct 20, 2010
I've done that but it didn't work it, here is what it says , :(

upgrade system started
cannot find any update image
Press menu to init sd card/ back to cancel

making partitions

mmc card init successfully
device will shut down in 5 4 3 2 1 then shuts down

EDIT: Got it working, woohoo (for now at least, knowing my luck with technology it will stuff up on me again soon).

how did u get it to work. i have the same issue :-/

imsif

Jun 26, 2011
HI

same thing, i kept a pattern password and my wife tried few times and it did bring to mail id and pw screen, as i dont remember the pw what i did is shut it down, and then restarted thinking it will ask for pattern password, but it stuck loading at android on screen which comes after MID on screen, i called up the the GAME_MASTR ebay seller where i bought it, and he send me a link saying to follow instructions, i am quite new to this how can i just follow up the links,

[UPDATE 16/06/11] Information: Herotab C8 /Dropad A8 firmwares « Tuen's Weblog

u can try this link and try ur luck

i did my best last night, sadly it dint workout i am after game_mastr now to help me in detail,

if you have found any other way please let me know.

thanks

Imsif

hotmid

Dec 8, 2010
Hello

Here is a link to it from where I got it from

7" Google Android 2.2 Tablet PC Capacitive Screen Flash | eBay

If anyone has any ideas or imput I would really appreciate some help. Thank you for reading

Did you really pay this much for this tablet?
Its only 170usd + shipping from online store.

If you got the original Dropad device you can test to upgrade to latest 2.3 firmware.

yaaman

Oct 29, 2011
After trying to upgrade the firmware (that failed) I've tried several versions, and now it wont recognize the external SD card containing the firmware. The only option I get is to reformat the internal SD-card.

For most upgrades Ive tried, it changed the picture showing as it boots up, and the most recent one was "Haipad". So I get the Haipad logo with the text "Upgrade system activated" every time I turn on the pad, then a text saying "can not find any update image" even when I have a SD-card with (what I think is the correct image on it)

Any ideas on how to get it working again?