DVD to Gtab sharing

conlinlord

Apr 8, 2011
Just a moment ago, I rip DVD to Gtab with MP4, H.264, 1500kbps, AAC audio, all are Ok.
As u know, there are two standard DVD, one is PAL DVD with 720*576, the other is NTSC DVD with 720*480. No matter what kind of DVD, only maintain the original resolution and convert to MP4, H.264, 1500kbps, AAC audio, I can get best visual experience in full screen.

Do u have DVD? If u wanna play DVD on Gtab, try it.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Are you recommending a specific DVD ripping app or just telling us what the standard MP4 encoding parameters are for good Tab playback?

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
It looks like someone has made a discovery for themselves! :D

Yes, ripping movies from DVD to smaller compressed formats IS an excellent way to get your content onto your tablet.

A player that can handle DVD .ISO files directly would also be great, however with the 4-8GB file size storage becomes an issue.
An awesome solution would be to have our tablets play nice with Windows networks AND play.ISO files so that home servers could be more easily used for content!

conlinlord

Apr 8, 2011
Are you recommending a specific DVD ripping app or just telling us what the standard MP4 encoding parameters are for good Tab playback?

this just a sharing, i found many people play dvd movies on galaxy tab, they increase resolution and bitrate, but they didn't see any diffirence. so i used a tool to test. indeed, only maintain resolution and bitrate, the quality is good.

conlinlord

Apr 8, 2011
It looks like someone has made a discovery for themselves! :D

Yes, ripping movies from DVD to smaller compressed formats IS an excellent way to get your content onto your tablet.

A player that can handle DVD .ISO files directly would also be great, however with the 4-8GB file size storage becomes an issue.
An awesome solution would be to have our tablets play nice with Windows networks AND play.ISO files so that home servers could be more easily used for content!

I didn't find any player can play DVD ISO. if have, will be useful to play DVD movies on it.

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
guys save space on your tab and get playon
with play on you can stream movies videos files music right off your pc to your tab
plus stream netflix,hulu,mlb,tbs,comedy central and many more
works great
i can now stream over 200 hd movies right from my pc to my tab without wasting my tab space

Last edited:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
guys save space on your tab and get playon
with play on you can stream movies videos files music right off your pc to your tab
plus stream netflix,hulu,mlb,tbs,comedy central and many more
works great
i can now stream over 200 hd movies right from my pc to my tab without wasting my tab space

+1 for PlayOn. The only drawback being that you need a wireless connection so it doesn't work so well on a cross country flight w/o WiFi

Sent from my SPH-P100

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
+1 for PlayOn. The only drawback being that you need a wireless connection so it doesn't work so well on a cross country flight w/o WiFi

Sent from my SPH-P100
i know what you mean thats why when i fly i stack up my sd card with but other then that its great
especially when your always mobile

jbjtkbw00

May 2, 2011
Every morning, I now have the Daily Show playing on my GTab through PlayOn on my way to work. Flawless over my 3G connection. For traveling across country, which I will be doing later this summer, I'll have to load them onto the Tab. I just wish there was a way I could connection my external hard drive via USB to save on having to transfer so much.

H

HenrietteK

I wouldn't mind suggestions on tools for ripping DVDs to be watched on the Tab.

Tools for Linux and / or Windows, please :)

/Henriette (ripping newbie)

Sent from my E10i using Android Tablet Forum

H

HenrietteK

What are the best settings when ripping a DVD and the movie will only be used on a galaxy tab? I don't want the files to take up too much space, butt still want them to look the best on my tab :)

Sent from my E10i using Android Tablet Forum