Email App

Apr 12, 2012
I am looking for the best email app. I would like it to be somewhat like Mozilla Thunderbird.

Here is what I would like to be able to do....

Global Inbox
ability to create folders???
ability to click on images to see (and select always show on ones that I would like)
I guess I would like IMAP as well (I have a couple of ones that still use POP - but planning on fixing that soon)

I know that GMAIL app does that, but you cannot integrate all of your email addy's

I want to be able to read my emails on my tablet or my laptop and that they would be synced I guess..... I don't want to have to look at the emails twice.... :)

Thank you for your help :)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
My personal favorite email client is Kaiten. It offers split screen (and you can adjust the split on the fly). It does IMAP, POP, Exchange (not Ex 2010).

It has search, select all and a lot of other features including combined view for your inboxes.

It does not allow you to create folders. I have not found an app on Android that will allow me to do that yet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
+1 for Kaiten mail. Another feature that Frederuco didn't mention was that it has a select all feature.

I have found a way to create folders for several of my customers, but NOT on the tablet. I have gone into WEB Mail (you can do this on a PC or the tablet) and some WEB mail backends have the ability to create folders. If you create the folders on the WEB and use IMAP mail the folder will magically appear on your tablet.

I originally tried this as an experiment for one customer and created a call me folder. 15 minutes later the customer called and said "what's this call me folder"? I said, "it worked, didn't it" This particular person was using his tablet as his only work computer so he needed to organize his folder and it worked like a champ.

On a slightly different note, as a Thunderbird user myself, were you aware you can sync your contacts and secondary contact info with the contact/people app on your tablet? gContactsSync add-on.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I went from K9 to Kaiten. For Exchange it is Touchdown.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk