EMail App?

Lundavra

Sep 6, 2012
Is there a better EMail App that the one supplied with the Galaxy (preferably free of course!)

I would like some basic functions like filtering mail into different folders, deleting by date rather than of choice between last 200 or ALL mail etc

MB

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
imo just about any of the mail apps in the Store are better than the default stock app. The "filtering" part of your question may be a problem the way you stated it, however, even the stock mail app can use multiple folders under certain circumstances. If it's set up as IMAP rather than POP, it's possible to go to the WEB mail interface and create folders that will the sync to the mail app. Not all WEB mail interfaces will allow that but if it does you're in like Flint. That tip will work for pretty much any of the mail apps when set up as IMAP

As for free alternatives I would check out K-9 and MailDroid. They have more options like some rules and select all functions and global search and such that the stock app doesn't have.

Lundavra

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks, it is not used as my main mail system and just so I can pick up mail away from home occasionally.

I will have a look at those two and see what they look like.

I just need someway to organise the incoming mail somehow so I can delete the rubbish (and SPAM) and perhaps keep personal mail a bit longer.

MB

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In that case, my ultimate suggestion if Kaiten Mail. It costs $5 US but does a great job. It has a select all function for deleting the deleted mail all an once, auto forwarding and a ton more features. It's one of the few mail apps that looks like it was designed for a tablet.

Lundavra

Sep 6, 2012
In that case, my ultimate suggestion if Kaiten Mail. It costs $5 US but does a great job. It has a select all function for deleting the deleted mail all an once, auto forwarding and a ton more features. It's one of the few mail apps that looks like it was designed for a tablet.

Thanks, I will have a look.

MB