Epub file problem

Reigie

Apr 3, 2011
I downloaded a book from feed books, the file ended with ASCM. I opened it with Adobe Digital Edition and found the path to the EPUB file. I then moved that file to where i move all my epub files im going to import. I go into my Aldiko and choose import it said it imported the book but all that's on the shelf is a coverless book and when i try to open it my tablet says check SD card. please help before i break this thing in half, its done this with 4 out of 8 books i've imported

esampah

May 9, 2011
ACSM format - MobileRead Forums edited:

The .acsm file isn't the book - it a purchase ticket that allows you to download the book.

This is expected. Content Server 4 protected ebooks can not be opened in either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader and can only be opened in Digital Editions.

So looks like even though you found the path to the epub, it won't be the correct/full epub (perhaps just a blank file?)

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
It's called DRM. You need Digital Editions to read those books, just like you'd need the Kindle app to read Kindle books and the Nook app to read Nook books.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
I think Sue is correct, which makes me wonder if the 4 out of 8 that you were originally using this method to import. I thought all Adobe Digital had DRM?

kmerde

Feb 25, 2012
Yes, but i've put my Adobe ID into Aldiko and also Overdrive Media console, which my library uses to share/borrow books, and it still doesn't work. I added
"ASTRO" as recommended by Aldiko customer Support. It's a great APP, but it didn't make it work unfortunately.
:(

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
What happens when you go to open it from Astro?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum