Error 'Launcher Has Stopped Working'

Crissy1988d

May 8, 2015
Hi; I have a Zeki TBQG774B 7' tablet and have been having issues with it since the day I got it. It has Kit Kat operating system. Ever since I got it it has had the same error launcher has stopped working. Along with the play store has stopped. Disappearing apps from my home screen.I rooted it. It isn't bricked but it will not do a complete wipe when I format it in either the hard reset or normal reset. Everything is still there. I haven't messed with anything. Haven't uninstalled any system apps. I turn it on and it says it is upgrading but it isn't and has soon as it gets done with that message and turns on I get the same old error launcher has stopped working. I don't know what to do and the company I am getting it through won't help. I don't have money for a new one so I am in desperate need of help. I there any place online I can go to download the original Rom to see if it fixes my issues? Thanks in advanced to anyone willing to help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You say you haven't messed with it, but you did root it so there may well be issues there. If it was me, and I had issues from day one it would have gotten returned for a replacement. A factory data reset seems like your best option and if that doesn't help you may want to unroot and swap it for a new one.

Crissy1988d

May 8, 2015
I got it from Stoneberry. I contacted them and all they said was that they would take it back and they wouldn't give me another one. I even contacted Zeki to no avail. So I gave up on trying to return it, Their return policy is that they will ship you a new one if the previous one was not opened. How can you tell if a tablet works just by looking at it without turning it on? I tried to unroot using SuperSu and the factory reset isn't setting it back to factory.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Stoneberry loves you, because you gave up after they told you "no". I would call Stoneberry back and ask for a supervisor. Go higher up in the chain if necessary. I just took a look at their return policy, and based upon what you've said, they're treating a tablet (hardware) as a software item, and trying to deny an exchange because of it. It would be like Dell refusing to accept an exchange on one of their computers simply because you opened it and found Windows 8 on it. If that scenario seems ridiculous, that's because it is, and Stoneberry is being just as ridiculous.

If they won't exchange it and you paid by credit card, file a chargeback with the credit card company as Stoneberry is clearly abusing its return policy.