Error - process.android.acore

niagara94

Oct 23, 2014
Hi - I’ve been having problems with my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (up to date with the recent version of Kit Kat). Every time I install an app, be it from the Play Store or from the Amazon App store, I get an error saying “process.android.acore has stopped working” and it keeps popping up continuously until I uninstall a seemingly random app from my tablet then I’m fine again (occasionally I have to try a couple of apps to uninstall). Previously I was getting this error on another tablet (exact same make model etc) and I restored it in attempt to get rid of the error. The restore did get rid of the error but the battery life was terrible after that so I exchanged the tablet as it was still under warranty. Now I have the above mentioned tablet that is giving me the same problem. I was able to install all my Google apps and most of my Amazon apps. It was toward the bottom of the Amazon apps that the error started again so I immediately uninstalled the last installed app and moved on to the next app but the problem still persists. I am using Lookout for my security app and I uninstall anything that it says is adware etc. There was one time that I saw in a report that something was adware or something like that but I couldn’t access that report to see what was wrong to remedy it. Now however, Lookout says that everything is fine. Any help would be *greatly appreciated*. I *really* want to solve this dilemma. Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It seems that one of the apps you installed, (and used before on the other tablet), id at fault. There is only one solution that comes to mind short of a factory reset and not installing whatever that app is. Go to settings > app manager > scroll to all and find that process. Tap it and if it gives you the clear cache option take it, then force stop it and restart.

niagara94

Oct 23, 2014
Thank you for your time and reply. I tried that and that process is not listed. I don't know why. Any ideas? Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you are getting the error from "process.android.acore" then it must be there. Maybe look again and be certain you are looking under ALL the apps. If it isn't there then it's something with a longer or very similar name.

niagara94

Oct 23, 2014
Thanks again but I looked again and still can't find it. It must be hiding under something else. So confused???