Errors accessing SD card **MXC93-8gb-1f-H6-sa097 Zenithink tablet**

jrtexas

Aug 9, 2011
Lately I've been having problems with the tablet recognizing that the SD card is installed.

I cannot access the SD card with the Gallery app, I get the message "No external storage available". If I go to Settings->Storage I get a quick flash on the screen showing the contents of the SD card then nothing but the stats showing the total (14.81GB) and available space (8.44GB). If I "Unmount SD card" it seems to work. When I "Mount SD card" is displays "Preparing external storage card" and seems to work properly. However, Gallery still does not work. I installed the QuickPic and MoviePlayer apps and they have no problem accessing and displaying files on the SD card.

When I try to install a new app I get a message "An SD card is required to download xxxxxxx. Please ensure that the SD card is inserted in your device and that the device is not mounted to a computer." I do the unmount and mount commands again with same results as above.

Any ideas other than dumping the tablet?

jrtexas

Aug 9, 2011
What ROM are you running?

Not sure how to determine ROM. It is whatever was provided with the tablet when purchased.

Following is from "About Tablet" -
Android version = 4.1.1
Kernel version = 3.0.8.
Build number = JRO03C.20121027

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Not sure how to determine ROM. It is whatever was provided with the tablet when purchased.

Following is from "About Tablet" -
Android version = 4.1.1
Kernel version = 3.0.8.
Build number = JRO03C.20121027
That only tells me you are on a JellyBean ROM, not which one...

There should be a text file in the media partition/internal storage that tells you which ROM it is, something like ZT283_H6_1f_1GB_Android4.1_0522_V2.0.txt (the 0522 ROM) or a version.txt file...

You may want to try a different ROM and see if it helps any or not, but first you should know which ROM is currently on your tablet...

There are many options, from my altered Zenithink ICS (4.0.3) ROM to Pas's altered 0222 JellyBean 4.1.1 ROM all the way to Christian Troy's CM 10.2 (JellyBean 4.3.1)...