Excel & hyperlinking

jboswell57

Apr 23, 2012
Currently I'm using an ASUS TF101 tablet with Polaris s/w loaded on it. I've mapped my tablet to look at our Windows server and can bring up the Excel tables I'm working with. It contains engineering drawing info and a hyperlink to the current engineering drawing stored in a folder as a pdf file. I have Acrobat loaded and I've seen the pdf file via downloaded from email. I want to view it live on the server by way of the hyperlink created in the table. But it doesn't want to fire off the hyperlink and bring up my pdf file. My goal is to reduce paper consumption and view this approved pdf files on tablets out in our shop. Has anyone done this before? Or do you know a solution? I'm learning as I go. I'm a CAD jockey by trade.

jboswell57

Apr 23, 2012
Currently I'm using an ASUS TF101 tablet with Polaris s/w loaded on it. I've mapped my tablet to look at our Windows server and can bring up the Excel tables I'm working with. It contains engineering drawing info and a hyperlink to the current engineering drawing stored in a folder as a pdf file. I have Acrobat loaded and I've seen the pdf file via downloaded from email. I want to view it live on the server by way of the hyperlink created in the table. But it doesn't want to fire off the hyperlink and bring up my pdf file. My goal is to reduce paper consumption and view this approved pdf files on tablets out in our shop. Has anyone done this before? Or do you know a solution? I'm learning as I go. I'm a CAD jockey by trade.

I heard back from makers of Documents to Go (DataViz) and they said Documents to Go does not support "Live links" so the search goes on.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That's a bummer. It just goes to show that as much as we want tablets to replace PCs there are still certain shortcomings (at least for now).

jboswell57

Apr 23, 2012
Well I was asked to submit a request for s/w upgrade to add it for next release so it wasn't a complete loss. We'll see how long it takes to get it.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I am almost paperless and this would be a nice option.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk