It's good to see that Leeshor is here!

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi Leeshor - I'm glad to see that you are here on the Memo forum. You have been a great help on the transformer forum. Thanks for all of your advice on my trusty TF101. I have just bought a Memo 7" thinking that the smaller form factor will be a better fit in my Cessna 172. So far, so good. It is definitely easier to use lying on my lap with the control yoke right there also. Only two cons so far. I had to load 'Quickpic' to view my 10M Jpeg files of my aviation charts (maps). 'Gallery' just couldn't handle the large file size. I think that 'Gallery' has changed since TF101 and the fault is not with the Memo 7. The second problem was how to work with my navigation spreadsheets. The Memo did not come with 'Polaris Office'. But I found 'Kingsoft Office' and it is working out fine. As far as loading and viewing all of my weather web sites, the Memo does a great job and its screen is very readable in my high wing aircraft. All in all, I am very satisfied with my Memo 7. I'll be checking back here to see what you have to say if and when Asus updates our OS. - Jim_W

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Good to see you over here too. Are you saying QuickPic is having an issue with that specific file? I don't think it would be the size but maybe.

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
"Are you saying QuickPic is having an issue with that specific file? I don't think it would be the size but maybe."
No, I'm saying that Android's 'Gallery' is having an issue with all of my large *.jpg files. They all open just fine with 'QuickPic'. - Actually, they do open in 'Gallery' also, but when I zoom in and pan around using 'Gallery', the program freeze and I have to do a cold boot to regain control. With 'QuickPic', the maps zoom and pan very smoothly. - Jim

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Jim, it's like the old story of the guy who goes to the doctor and says when I turn my arm THIS WAY it hurts, what should I do? The doc says, don't turn your arm that way. ;)

Gallery never has been all that great anyway.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Jim,at's like the old story of the guy who goes to the doctor and says when I turn my arm THIS WAY it hurts, what should I do? The doc says, don't turn your arm that way. ;)

Gallery never has been all that great anyway.

Hi, Jim.
I guess it always pays to get a second doctor's opinion. Good to know 'Quickpic' remedied your problem and does the job better than Android's built-in picture viewer.
By the way, are you using a File Manager. Android doesn't stock one and I've been experiencing problems with Astro. Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance.
Ed

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi Ed - My Asus Memo Pad 7 came with 'File Manager' already installed. The Acer Iconia AA110 doesn't? What good is any computer without a file manager? - Jjim

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Ed - My Asus Memo Pad 7 came with 'File Manager' installed. The Acer Iconia AA110 doesn't? What good is any computer without a file manager? - Jjim
I know... I guess it's in keeping with the Android philosophy of absolute minimalism and believing users are primarily interested in web browsing.
Anyway, I downloaded ASTRO File Manager to handle some of the stuff I have on my laptop. Unfortunately, the last update causes jpg file corruptions and I've lost most of my pictures. So, I guess I should have used ES File Explorer.

Cheers.
Ed