External Keyboard Shift Key Won't Work with SuperPad

EASEEB69

Aug 13, 2011
I connected my external keyboard to my SuperPad and everything works with the exception of the shift key. This doesn't allow me to capitalize letters or use the special charachters that correspond with the usage of the shift key. I connected the keyboard to my laptop and the shift key works just fine so the keyboard is not defective. Do I have to change any settings on the tablet itself for the shift key to work? Please advise.thanx

gtimes2

Aug 12, 2011
I have the same problem! Which SuperPad do you have? Yes, any advise will be appreciated here too. I have a message out to the seller to see what is done about it.
Thanks!:rolleyes:

Xaffax

Aug 19, 2011
I have a superpad3 with the same problem, and I tying to find a solution. A friend of mine who had an epad or something told me that when he experimented with usb keyboards that the software keyboard he was using seemed to affect which keys on teh keyboard worked. I have been experimenting with a few software keyboards today , but no luck yet. The superpad 3 is still quite young so I think that the bugs will be ironed out in the coming months.

Xaffax

Aug 19, 2011
Ok! The rumor was correct the software keyboard affects the way the hardware keyboard functions, and there is one keyboard I have found that has a positive effect.
It's called swiftkey X. It's a paid app. Since market doesn't show paid apps on the superpad I bought it on my phone. Then it shows in the oversight of your personal apps on your tablet and you can download it again.

It only gives you shift function for caps So things like _ and @ still won't work just capital letters.

Maybe there is a keyboard that works even better but i haven't found it yet.

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
The GO software keyboard will make almost all keys of the external keyboard work as they should. here's the link https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jb.gokeyboard&feature=search_result

Thank you! I've had the same problem, and the GO soft keyboard solves it! I've also now discovered that the USB keyboard has function-key shortcuts to a bunch of settings and apps. (Don't know how I'm going to remember them!)

Anyway, I can now work relatively effortlessly in Documents to Go.

(PS: I also tried Swiftkey Tablet X, but did not like it at all - I don't need the "help" it tries to provide. I prefer to get exactly what I'm typing, not what the app thinks I wanted to type.)

Last edited:

LunaEros

Dec 26, 2013
I realize this thread is very old but I wanted to thank you VERY MUCH. 'paulsam7'!
I have one of those chinese faux leather keyboard cases and was having the damnedest problem getting it to work correctly with my
Huawei Mediapad.
The shift wouldn't capitalize any letters unless the soft keyboard was on the screen and the symbols above the numbers wouldn't work at all.
I knew it had to be something in the software since the caps worked while the soft kb was up and the number keys themselves worked.
But I didn't think that the software keyboard itself would be causing the problem since the input was coming from the usb kb.
I tried that Go Keyboard and it works perfectly!

Thanks again!

Stephen