External SD Card confusion - How to find it

buasman

Dec 27, 2011
This was my next Question. Its my wifes tab (Icona A100) She downloaded a movie from her pc to her micro sd. Installed the micro into the tab but can't find it to play the movie. I think she needs to install a file manager. Also got a male micro usb to female usb so she could use the flash drive for storage but it did not let me view the drive either.
Thanks, think I hit the right spot. She's not home so i'm gonna play with it.

buasman

Dec 27, 2011
Well I downloaded the file mngr HD, there is no storage file. opens with mnt/sdcard but I can not get to a external storage. Tried pulling sd card out putting it back in nothing. So then I tried astro file mngr. Still no go.
anybody got any ideas.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I still find it odd that you can not view and edit the SD card via your PC.

You can access the Acer SD card from the PC via USB cable. Connect your Acer, open "Computer", you will see the drive "Acer ICONIA Tab A500", you will get a drive called "Internal Storage", open that and look for the folder "mnt", open that folder and you will be in the SD card. Once you drop photos or MP3s into it from your PC then the next time you open the main Acer ICONIA drive you will then see two drives under that. The other will be "SD Card" which will show the size and all other properties of the card.