MMTracker, doesn't see sdcard properly

Greasy

Jan 11, 2013
Android 4.0.4 on Softwiner 7" (Cheap Chinese tablet), surprisingly OK .. ;)

Using MMTracker V1.10.4 and viewing OS maps, works OK ish. The main problem is that MMT doesn't 'see' the external SDcard (MicroSD). The root of the Android system has a directory called sdcard, but I want to store maps externally to /extsd .. which it doesn't see! File Manager sees the internal sd card as /mnt/sdcard and the external sd card as /mnt/extsd.

I can write maps from PC or File Manager to /mnt/extsd/Memory-Map-5/qct, easily enough, but MMTracker doesn't see the maps until copy them into /mnt/sdcard/maps, indeed it simply doesn't appear to see /mnt/extsd at all, let alone the other folders on the external sdcard.

Does anyone know a way round this? The unit only has 2G memory, the sd 16G so it'd be way easier to keep a days worth of maps (4x4 green-laning) on the sd card, but swapping/copying them to internal storage every time would be a bit of a pain ... be much appreciated.

I'm pretty much a noob on Android, so might need my hand holding a little! Thanks .. ;)

Greasy

Jan 11, 2013
Don't know how but it's sorted itself!

In File Manager there's a row of possible locations across the top, internal storage, SD card, USB etc .. and using FM I could 'see' a maps folder (Actually Memory-Map-5/QCT) on the external micro SD card. MMTracker couldn't, it could only see mnt/sdcard which seems to me to be internal storage 'cos it's about 2 gig. SO I set a new (maps) folder in mnt/sdcard/documents and placed a map in there (OS279 1:25k Doncaster, my home location) so that MMT could see it and use it, and all was well, sort of .. but to carry a days worth of maps I'd still (maybe) need to also take a laptop so I could swap out maps and I'm trying to do away with the laptop and want to use the tablet to track where we go.

So, messing about, downloaded ES File Explorer and that had the same issue, it couldn't 'see' the external sd card with 16g storage! Something had to be wrong, or I wasn't doing something right! Connected to laptop, messed a bit, disconnected, played games, messed a bit then thought sod it, I won't let it NOT work ...

So again, fired up MMTracker and again had a look at the directory structure and it was there .... and I _KNOW_ it wasn't before or I'd never have posted ... back to /mnt/ and all of a sudden [sdcard] was there, but now [extsd] was there also! Problem solved .. it's now using the external micro sd card to advantage and I can carry almost the whole UK in 1:50 and 1:25 scale ... ;)

I is happy .. dunno how it did it, but 'just messing' seemed to cure it.

I just hope it stays there!!! ;)