Fast tablet with separate charging port?

MungoBBQ

Nov 30, 2014
Hey everybody. I'm new to the Android party, but now I need to find a good tablet which allows charging while using OTG USB, since I intend to build a number of "stations" with physical keyboards, plugged in over USB.

I've bought an "Aoson" tablet which has a separate charging connection and charger, and that actually works, but it is too slow for my needs.

I need 9-10" display, and something which can run Chrome fast. I've tried a Samsung Galaxy tab 4 as well, and it is fast enough, but I can't seem to find a way to charge it while OTG is plugged in.

Any ideas?

Loudram

Nov 27, 2014
A USB connection is four wires(two pairs). One pair for charging and one for data transfer. That's why you can charge up and transfer data with a laptop at the same time. So with that in mind I wonder if a two way USB splitter would work? One for keyboard and one for the charger.

Loudram

Nov 27, 2014
They have USB splitters. You might have to buy a few adapters. Might be cheaper than buying a new tablet.

MungoBBQ

Nov 30, 2014
No, from all the googling I've done, it's clear that this just will not work. Also, I'm probably buying about 30 tablets for my service, so getting the right one is pretty important. :)

Loudram

Nov 27, 2014
OK, hope you find the right one. I know the lower end tablets have separate charging connections but I'm not sure about the higher end ones and it sounds like the higher end tabs are what you need.