[FIRMWARE]Original Stock Ampe A10 A31 tablet 13 March 2013

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Here is the link to the latest firmware for the quad core AMPE A10 A31 tablet.
www.szampe.com/UploadFile/file/2011-08/0313.rar

Here is a mirror for the same file.

Dev-Host - Ampe A10 4.1.1 Allwinner A31 20130309.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

i uploaded two versions, one original image that can only be used with the included pheonix suite beta, and one that i repacked which works with the latest pheonix suite 1.6.

Second one is just for convenience if you already have pheonix suite installed, but first one is the pheonix suite version given by ampe for that particular image.

Dev-Host - Ampe A10__REPACKED__Allwinner A31 20130309.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

ald48752038

Mar 14, 2013
the Ampe rom is root? I know the nova 10 rom is root, but the ampe rom 0313 is not root...can you root the rom and post? thank you very much~~~

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
why dont you try it out for yourself first before jumping to conclusions.

It should be rooted, most a31 tablets seem to be rooted so far, and this rom has the su binary anyway

ald48752038

Mar 14, 2013
why dont you try it out for yourself first before jumping to conclusions.

It should be rooted, most a31 tablets seem to be rooted so far, and this rom has the su binary anyway

I already flash the rom... and I can`t use su...The nova 10`s rom is rooted...but the ampe rom is not rooted...

I use four root tool...but it is not work any one~~~

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
4root is for froyo and gingerbread.....

did you try to install supersu from market and install the binary?

And if you don't like it, revert back to the Nova 10 Rom it is more than stable enough.

You can also install supersu in the nova rom, use the OTA root keeper that is in supersu, or available as a separate download and keep root, then flash ampe firmware, this should keep root.

sssutanto

Apr 10, 2013
yes installing SuperUser from store works.. or just simply apply update.zip from recovery.
I am using this firmware for my Nova10. Works great.. it's just wifi doesnt' work (anyway with the Nova 10 original fw it also doesnt work :(()

talisman44

Apr 5, 2013
yes installing SuperUser from store works.. or just simply apply update.zip from recovery.
I am using this firmware for my Nova10. Works great.. it's just wifi doesnt' work (anyway with the Nova 10 original fw it also doesnt work :(()
I have exactly the same problem, fell off the wi-fi tried all the firmware and with Ampe and with the Sanei and with Nova ,all work fine but there is a turn on Wi-fi((((

sssutanto

Apr 10, 2013
I have exactly the same problem, fell off the wi-fi tried all the firmware and with Ampe and with the Sanei and with Nova ,all work fine but there is a turn on Wi-fi((((
Not trying to be off topic.. but it is very frustrating :(:( any suggestion is welcome. I have tried to flash Nova10 Fw v1 (both with Phoenix Suit 1.03, 1.06 & PhoenixUsbPro) in 2 different windows system (Win 7, 8) from 3 different comps. Failed to flash Nova 10 fw v2 and also the custom rom (but I haven't tried the new 4.2.2 custom rom). The vendor suggested to use WinXp platform but hadn't had the chance to try..

bluelena69

Oct 7, 2011
Not trying to be off topic.. but it is very frustrating :(:( any suggestion is welcome. I have tried to flash Nova10 Fw v1 (both with Phoenix Suit 1.03, 1.06 & PhoenixUsbPro) in 2 different windows system (Win 7, 8) from 3 different comps. Failed to flash Nova 10 fw v2 and also the custom rom (but I haven't tried the new 4.2.2 custom rom). The vendor suggested to use WinXp platform but hadn't had the chance to try..

If you are having trouble getting the flash to work, try renaming the .img file to something shorter. Just rename it to xxx.img or something short and then re-try.

Oddly, I have experienced no issues with the Nova firmware and wifi. However, I tried the Ampe 10 and everything was great except I couldn't turn Wi-Fi on. I tried other firmware and either the multi-touch was messed up and/or I could not turn Wi-Fi on

sssutanto

Apr 10, 2013
If you are having trouble getting the flash to work, try renaming the .img file to something shorter. Just rename it to xxx.img or something short and then re-try.

Oddly, I have experienced no issues with the Nova firmware and wifi. However, I tried the Ampe 10 and everything was great except I couldn't turn Wi-Fi on. I tried other firmware and either the multi-touch was messed up and/or I could not turn Wi-Fi on

I have flashed the Nova 10 v1 fw without any problems, they all works great but the wifi doesn't work no matter how I did it..

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
I think you got the nova 10 thats from a faulty stock. Mcbub cancelled my order a while ago on another nova 10 device and told me that the reason for it was faulty wifi, I got a refund for it and never got the tablet.

If you got it with paypal your best bet is to file a dispute but they will most likely make u send it back and pay the postage yourself, once this happens go to your bank and insist on a credit card chargeback, and I mean insist as many bank representatives have no idea what to do, and simply say go talk to paypal, but its in your right to get the bank to get you a chargeback, and paypal normally rolls over and pays you out, as they do not have time to fight it.

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
here is the email I got from them

sorry,
we have tested the quality
100% faulty, it has wifi problem
so we cannot ship it to u
can u change some other one ?
Best wishes
Giovanni

This was sent to me 3rd of march

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Oh yes thats the second batch of firmware that mcbub took down the hyperlink of, I havent tried it, as mcbub said not to use it, but maybe they meant on the first version.

Try it, might fix your wifi problem, as I heard the new stock has a different wifi chip

sssutanto

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks to both Kotelchik & Androidjedi :cool:
will report back soon ;)

Update: it seems that this is the same file V2 file that I got from McBub Dropbox acc. Tried to load it with Phoenix Suit 1.06 and failed (the error msg: (1) firmware is too old, (2) firmware format is broker or (3)the fw is used by other application). I had tried using Phoenix USBPro, but it could not even be loaded. Then I tried to extract .img file using unyaffs, but it also failed. Anyone has other V2 file that I can try??

Last edited: