Flashing Haipad M701 without rocker switch

ikenedo

Nov 11, 2010
I recently bought the Haipad M701 7inch screen mid. It worked well for a few days and went into the forced close loop. Starting in safe mode did not help. Flashing the firmware became the next option. My tablet came without a separate on / off switch, only a push button switch on the front. The instructions seen so far require pressing and holding the Menu button and on button together. This has the result of switching the mid off n on repeatedly thereby aborting the Device Probing process in the FWDN window. Has anyone flashed firmware on a similar model? How did you overcome this problem?

Treisee

Nov 26, 2010
How did you get your Haipad to go into safemode?

I have been trying to find the instructions to get a Haipad m701-r into safe mode but I can't find anything anywhere.

I have the Haipad device that has the rocker switch at the top right corner.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Wait a minute, you have a Haipad M701 that doesn't have the power/menu rocker switch or a slide on/off switch on the side, ONLY the big button on the front that is used to power the unit on and off?

Um, that is not a Haipad M701 you've got and probably the reason you can't flash the tablet properly. If it was sold to you as being a Haipad M701 you bought one of the fakes. Otherwise you bought a "Mystery Internet Device" and good luck making it work.

A real Haipad M701 will have a rocker switch for Power/Menu on the upper-right side, a Back button on the front, and a slide on/off switch on the side. Depending on which revision it is it will either have 2 mini-USB ports and a MicroSD slot on the right side or it will have 1 mini-USB port, an HDMI port, and a MicroSD slot.

Last edited:

saschab

Dec 3, 2010
no, with adb wait-for device nothing happens. With fwdn i have a connection for a view seconds. Then the pad turns off and the connection fails

Dmitro

Jan 28, 2011
I had the same problem and found solution.
Flashing mode for "S22 hw-701t" activated by:
1. Charge accumulator at maximum
2. Unplug all wires
3. push and hold "back"-button (upper-right), push and hold "pseudo-power" for few seconds.
4. Release the "pseudo-power". Led on button must be green. Screen is blank (no any messages on pictures).
5. NOW! (not earlier) plug miniSD connector that lead to PC.
5. Run flashing procedure.

ikenedo

Nov 11, 2010
I tried flashing with a firmware i downloaded from haipad net and bricked my tablet. Now it no longer boots. What way forward?

ikenedo

Nov 11, 2010
I tried flashing with a firmware i downloaded from haipad net and bricked my tablet. Now it no longer boots. What way forward?