Flashing Haipad M701 without rocker switch

ikenedo

Nov 11, 2010
I recently bought the Haipad M701 7inch screen mid. It worked well for a few days and went into the forced close loop. Starting in safe mode did not help. Flashing the firmware became the next option. My tablet came without a separate on / off switch, only a push button switch on the front. The instructions seen so far require pressing and holding the Menu button and on button together. This has the result of switching the mid off n on repeatedly thereby aborting the Device Probing process in the FWDN window. Has anyone flashed firmware on a similar model? How did you overcome this problem?

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Hang in there -- I'm sure someone out here has the same device...So I'm confused though, your MR701-R doesn't have the left/right rocker switch that looks like it serves as volume but in fact it is on/off/sleep and menu? Where did you buy it from?

EDIT -- typoed the name

Last edited:

ikenedo

Nov 11, 2010
Hello Matt, i bought the mid on Aliexpress. It has dual usb ports, front facing camera, HDMI output, no remote control, 3g usb capable etc.

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Forgive me, but I'm still new to the tablet scene...but does yours have the "Haipad" bootscreen of the chinese girl in the snow? If so, I haven't seen the tablet you're referring to...I was of the impression the only "Haipad" "branded" M701 had the rocker switch, single USB, physical power switch, etc...I've heard of other people having a similar tablet to yours, but it was a Haipad look-alike...could be what Offworld was talking about in his post about the updates to the Haipad website and them being concerned with fakes.

ikenedo

Nov 11, 2010

Matt mine is an unbranded look alike. Am having some difficulty uploading the pix.
https://img.escrow.alibaba.com/snap...002/1281962839989_hz-cnmyalibaba-web4_391.jpg
Pls note that the switch visible is the G sensor switch for switching G sensor on or off

Last edited: