Flytouch 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...Old Processor, or Cortex A8 or A9...Tell me more please?

loopi23

Dec 7, 2011
I find the Flytouch 2, which seems like older tech and has older Android versions and such, and then I see Flytouch 3, which the Flytouch forum says is a Flytouch 2 Variant 2. Ok, so I get this so far. But then on wBay and at the tablet stores online there is also the "Flytouch 5" (which is sometimes a Flytouch 6 or 7 in name) which most often has a Cortex A8 processor, but sometimes has a Cortex A9...Sometimes they say these are Zebithink Tablets with Flytouch features including GPS. All of it has me head rattled, eyes bulging, cartoon atomic brain explosion confused. So, my questions...

First and foremost, everyone seems to think the Cortex A8 is quite a bit better than the old processor...Am I right? If so, that's awesome, but do I completely give up using cool new roms/firmware/OS/whatever hacks? I know the Flytouch has a HEALTHY group of modders. But is there anything like it for these Flytouch 5 things with Cortex A8 processors? Can they be flashed with anything good? Rooted?

Here's some examples:

Buy Flytouch 5 V10 Android 2.3 10 inch GPS 4gb Tablet PC FLASH 11 3G WIFI | SmartOverseasBuy-the overseas supermarket

or

Cortex A8 1GHz 512MB 8G Flytouch 6 Android 2.3 Superpad HDMI 10

Then you have:

Flytouch 5 Cortex A9 1GHz 512M 4GB Android 2.3 built-in GPS WiFi camera HDMI 10 tablet case - Detailed info for Flytouch 5 Cortex A9 1GHz 512M 4GB Android 2.3 built-in GPS WiFi camera HDMI 10 tablet case,10 tablet case,Flytouch 5 Cortex A9 1GHz 512M

and

McBub: Low-Priced , USD 187.99, 10.2 inch A9 Android 2.3 Tablet PC Zenithink Z102 (Flytouch 5) 2 Points Touch GPS WiFi HDMI(CN106313)

So obviously, vendors just use Superpad and Flytouch however they see fit, since this is just a buzzword, but, are these tablets going to have a following and actually have a community working on improvements, or am I better off getting the slower ARM11 and getting the huge userbase and community?

Opinions, ideas, who has one? reviews? HELLLLLLLP!

James

loopi23

Dec 7, 2011
Surprised no-one has anything to say about this. These tablets seem pretty popular, and i figured the "Flytouch 6" which is also the Wopad V10 from what i can tell, would be something that would be a big subject here.

Sigh.

J

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi loopi23,

I think it's just people are busy with the holidays right now. I bet the discussion will get started soon, I'm interested in this too, as the Coby I am getting after Christmas has the Cortex A8 chip. Give it a few days and check back. ;)

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Surprised no-one has anything to say about this. These tablets seem pretty popular, and i figured the "Flytouch 6" which is also the Wopad V10 from what i can tell, would be something that would be a big subject here.

Sigh.

J

Hi, J.
The flytouch 6 will be a good choice, it's on sale in our site for $175 with shipping: SuperPad VI 10.1 Inch Android 2.3 OS Tablet PC Built in GPS with VC882 Embedded ARM Cortex A8 Wopad V10 - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
welcome and hope you can find what you want!:)

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
I was torn between the flyleaf and the zenithink. Overall, i wasnt really impressed with what the flyleaf had to offer in comparison.

loopi23

Dec 7, 2011
Flyleaf? I am looking at a few of the Cortex A8 Flytouch type things on ebay, and they seem to be really nice, but from what I can tell, no-one has rooted one yet and they don;t have nearly as huge a following as the flytouch, so I'm afraid "aftercare" will be minimal. I like the idea of having custome firmware and easy root. Sigh.

J

loopi23

Dec 7, 2011
Hi, J.
The flytouch 6 will be a good choice, it's on sale in our site for $175 with shipping: SuperPad VI 10.1 Inch Android 2.3 OS Tablet PC Built in GPS with VC882 Embedded ARM Cortex A8 Wopad V10 - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
welcome and hope you can find what you want!:)

The big problem here is the shipping from China and TO China...especially TO China...since it seems all China sellers require ME to pay shipping if something is not right with the tablet. On eBay there are a few sellers who are in the US who sell the same tablet for $189 and $184 and I'd only have to ship it back within the USA.

James