Flytouch (I think) bricked, please help

rh072005

Apr 21, 2011
Hi
I tried to update the ROM on my tablet this morning and I'm pretty sure I've ended up bricking it.
It's a 7" MID tablet, with a red charging light, blue power light and green headphone jack.
When I turned it on it flashed straight from blue to red. After doing this a couple of times the blue light now stays on when it turn it on but the screen stays black. I've tried loading on new ROMs but it won't do anything. Can anyone help me with how to unbrick it and then also what ROM would be best to load on to it afterwards (preferably android 2.2). The specs I got when I bought it are as follows:
CPU: VIA 8650 (800MHZ)
OS: Android 2.2 - this turned out to be the dodgy chinese one, hence the new ROMs
RAM: Htunda 256 DDR2
NAND Flash: Sansung 2GB FAT
Screen: 7"
Here's the full info
7" Epad Android 2.2 WiFi 3G Tablet PC MID Touch Camera on eBay (end time 12-Apr-11 22:27:05 BST)

any help would be much appreciated
Ryan
p.s. also if anyone can identify exactly what model I have that would be awesome

Apr 26, 2011
Hi
I tried to update the ROM on my tablet this morning and I'm pretty sure I've ended up bricking it.
It's a 7" MID tablet, with a red charging light, blue power light and green headphone jack.
When I turned it on it flashed straight from blue to red. After doing this a couple of times the blue light now stays on when it turn it on but the screen stays black. I've tried loading on new ROMs but it won't do anything. Can anyone help me with how to unbrick it and then also what ROM would be best to load on to it afterwards (preferably android 2.2). The specs I got when I bought it are as follows:
CPU: VIA 8650 (800MHZ)
OS: Android 2.2 - this turned out to be the dodgy chinese one, hence the new ROMs
RAM: Htunda 256 DDR2
NAND Flash: Sansung 2GB FAT
Screen: 7"
Here's the full info
7" Epad Android 2.2 WiFi 3G Tablet PC MID Touch Camera on eBay (end time 12-Apr-11 22:27:05 BST)

any help would be much appreciated
Ryan
p.s. also if anyone can identify exactly what model I have that would be awesome

OK, let me try to ID it.

The Blue LED and Green headphone plug are common with the generic clone of the GOME Flytouch 1.
These generic models had the same four holes for each of the speakers that was on the original Flytouch.
The volume controls, power button, power plug, headphone, USB/eithernet dongle, and micro-SD would also be in the same placement. That is probably where the similarities to the original end.
The fact that it was listed as MID is good if it’s also printed on the box.

I’ll stop and let you say if your tablet looks like that. If so I’ll continue, you might be interested more.