Folder Security on Tablet Running ICS

Gerryatric

Aug 2, 2012
Is there an simple App that would allow me to create a secure folder containing private files that needs a password to open? I have tried some of the available Apps but they are complex, devious and lock the screen into only one attitude, perhaps phones need this but my tablet doesn't! To overcome the locked screen I have to switch the tablet totally off :(.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I create my documents in MS Word and lock them with a password. Then move the file to my tablet and when I open the doc it asks me to enter my password. Each individual doc can have its own password that way. I use Documents to Go on my tablet but there are other office document apps out there too. Documents to Go is an old tried and true app way before tablets were invented. Palm used it on their earliest Palm Pilots and it has grown from there.

Gerryatric

Aug 2, 2012
Thank you. I tried this but what it does is to prevent the text being altered without a password (or I am doing something wrong)
What I want is privacy such that the file cannot be opened without a password.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Thank you. I tried this but what it does is to prevent the text being altered without a password (or I am doing something wrong)
What I want is privacy such that the file cannot be opened without a password.

In Word go to Tools>Protect Document. Then a side bar will open up and you can select whether to password protect to open or protect from being altered. Select the open protect.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Is there an simple App that would allow me to create a secure folder containing private files that needs a password to open? I have tried some of the available Apps but they are complex, devious and lock the screen into only one attitude, perhaps phones need this but my tablet doesn't! To overcome the locked screen I have to switch the tablet totally off :(.

Try "B-FOLDERS PASSWORD MANAGER'" which is available on GOOGLE PLAY or PLAY. It has a good rating.

Gerryatric

Aug 2, 2012
Try "B-FOLDERS PASSWORD MANAGER'" which is available on GOOGLE PLAY or PLAY. It has a good rating.

Thank you but when I tried to open a test folder containing just one .doc folder it said it was empty! I couldn't change it's mind!

What I really want to do is to transfer files from my pc to the tablet, collect them in a folder and secure the folder with a password. This would enable access to all my private files in one go.

This seems to me to be a useful but simple tool and I am surprised it is not available as an App.