For Parents Who Bought the Toys R Us BF Deal - Sylvania 7" SYTAB7MX

bhakeman

Dec 5, 2011
Get a screen protector ASAP. I bought the kit for my 7" tablet and did not put it on right away. Used the stylus that came in the kit and noticed marks on my screen. They sort of wiped off but not completely. I have the SYNET7LP-DS model and I can type on the screen with just using the tips of my fingers (no fingernails needed). It seems sensitive enough to not have to push hard to type either.

I picked up a 2 pack of screen protectors 'designed for the Nook Color' at Best Buy. The protectors are a little bit larger than the screen of the sytab7mx which is what I was looking for. The screen feels sturdier now compared to before. I mostly use my fingernails on the screen so far. Also, I was given a Belkin Tab Folio designed for the Nook for Christmas. The Sytab7MX fits just fine, except I have to undo one of the corner loops in order to charge the device.

keenanms

Dec 30, 2011
i was wonderhow this sytab7mx gets rooted i cannot turn on the usb debugging ?
please help i have 2 to do !!

JKnutson17

Jan 1, 2012
Hi, I got my tablet for Christmas from my hubby. He got it at ToysRus. Did u post the tutorial u were talking about. I need help. Thank You JKnutson

T.D.

Jan 7, 2012
HELLO...I need help please!! I am trying to download a launcher, and I can't because I don't have a Android phone!!! Is there any other launcher I can download w/out having an Android device??? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I want to warn all parents who got this last night and today - DO NOT WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS DAY TO OPEN THIS! You will have a very frustrated kid waiting for you to set it up - it's going to take a few hours. I suggest fully charging it and doing some of the steps below before wrapping it up and putting it under the tree....

Give it a good full charge. Upon turning it on, you must update the firmware....very important...this can take up to an hour and the instructions are in the manual.

Don't go into it thinking you can easily get Angry Birds and Netflix for your kids. You will be very disappointed. The app market that comes with it is not that great.

You will need to root the tablet (I downloaded z4root). It will say you need to enable USB debugging, but I may happen like it did to me where when you go to Settings>Application, the development selection is not there. You will then need to find a download of Launcher Pro (or at least a different launcher than it comes with). Once that's installed, press down on the "desktop" and add shortcut...go to Activities>Settings and browse through the items to Development. That shortcut will allow you to check off "Enable USB debugging", then reopen z4root and root the device. You can now download either the Amazon Appstore for Android or the Android Marketplace and get the more popular apps your kids will enjoy....

This is a cheap tablet, but I think it could be a perfect gift for a 6-12 year old for the price with a little tweaking.

I just know with the hoards of people out there that bought this BF deal are not going to be very tech savvy or as patient as I was and just think they bought a piece of junk...it actually is a good little tablet for the price....

Now, they just need to make an otterbox for it so my 9 year old doesn't destroy it physically....

daisy91782

Jan 14, 2012
I need help. For some reason, the home screen is not working. The lock screen works and when unloked, the top of the screen has buttons but my apps are not visable. Can anyone tell me how to master reset?

bhakeman

Dec 5, 2011
Last edited:

bhakeman

Dec 5, 2011
Kinda sad to say that I haven't been using my android tablet much since I got my iPad2 this summer. After rooting it, I loaded a bunch of games on it for my daughter, but she's been spending most of her tech-time on the iPad and she likes the multi-touch screen over the sytab's resistive screen. I currently have the sylvania tablet on my desk at work, running weather and twitter widgets but it seems to have trouble keeping the wifi connection, lately.