forgot unlock pattern on android 1.6 tablet

Sel Boy

Jan 30, 2011
My son has a MID android tablet, either 1.6 0r 1.5. Bought it for xmas in the uk via a firm called IJT Save. He changed the unlock pattern , then forgot it. Supplier cannot / wont help. My son cannot remember the pattern. Now we are left with a useless tablet that wont go past unlock screen. I also go him a keyboard/ wallet that plugs in via usb & when pressing various buttons at present can access some files - also memory stick does similar. Anyone help as I am running out of patience with it. By the way, there seem to be an infinitenumber of attempts to unlock it. I got to 150 efforts and nearly through it out the window. My Samsung android mobile will not do this but this chinese tablet is getting on my nerves .

SHERWINER

Jan 19, 2011
nothing seems to work. no reset hole. need to be in setup to reset. any other button combinations?

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
please post pictures of all 4 sid3es of your tablet since i am confident it does have one.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Did you read the link xaueious posted? Ok, I'm biased as it's my post, but I've also found that the ADB method where you overwrite values in the settings database is the most reliable for getting in. Of course it does require that the tablet had "USB Debugging" enabled before you got locked out of it, and you have to "adb remount" the file system as writeable to update the database, but even if that doesn't work there are still a couple other options before you chuck it out the window.

albertr

Sep 22, 2011
hello , I have same problem and seller does not anything, my tablet is Super General, also i check the link, but my system is Android and i search Android SDK , but just support Wind, linux and there is no another option. also i find reset hole and push and hold it , but still same, ask password. May you help me , please, Thanks