Forms/Interactive PDF Files?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I have some PDF forms and other PDF files with interactive elements (buttons, show/hide layers, etc.). On the desktop computer interactive elements only seem to work in the actual Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro applications (for example they don't work in Preview on Mac or any other XPDF-based viewer), especially if there is any javascript being used.

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader X for Android on my tablet, and according to Adobe this is supposed to provide basic support for forms and interactivity, but it is still only displaying mine as flat PDF files. I haven't got any answers out of the Adobe user forums, so I thought maybe somebody here might know if/how to enable the feature - or for that matter if it will ONLY work if the original document was created/saved with Acrobat Pro X?

Or is there some other PDF app for Android out there that is known to work with forms and interactive elements? None of them I've tried do, and so far only Acrobat actually renders the pages correctly, albeit as flat and static.

EdGioja

Jan 26, 2011
I haven't actually tried them on the Android, but have you made your forms Reader Enabled? (Open in Pro, Advanced->Extend Features in Adobe Reader)? I found that I needed to do this to get my forms working in a number of environments.

herb

Aug 27, 2011
qPDF and ezPD enable you to fill out pdf forms. however none allow to submit data using a submit button.

JoeRebel

Aug 30, 2011
Might want to try ezPDF Reader or Office Suite Pro. Go with the first one first that's if u haven't already.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum

vdeluca7

Oct 15, 2011
Is there a way to collect signatures in your pdf files and save with data collected in pdf forms?

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
The name of that program you need is Adobe LiveCycle, it's a part of the ADOBE Acrobat Package but that is Windows version.

Look for similar program for Tablet version in the Market and maybe you'll get lucky.

2mysubb.gif

My A500 Rocks!
Ex-Taboonay v2.0 user
Ex-Thor Transformer Revolver 3.5 Port v4.1 user
Currently using Taboonay 2.1 ROM

shafiekd

Jan 16, 2012
We (Qoppa Software) have an app that will let you fill PDF forms and then save them or send them via email. The resulting file is standard PDF, so can be read by other PDF viewers.
qPDF Notes is our app, it sells for under $10, and you can use a free version if you don't mind watermarks.
We also offer a free viewer - qPDF Viewer - that is fast with good navigation.

Hi Susan

I know this thread is a bit old, but i have the exact problem described in this post and Im not sure if this post is resolved.

I created an interactive pdf in Adiobe LiveCycle ES2 with drop down menus, but the pdf cannot be opened by your application (qPDF). Im testing on the demo version before purchasing.
It does open the normal non-interactive pdf;s though. Any ideas on what im doing wrong?

I can give you a sample of the document if you like.