Free Nook Cover from Best Buy (2/6-2/12)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
In Best Buys weekly ad, they are advertising a free Nook Color Cover (up to $49.99 value) with the purchase of a Nook Color.

They have also taken down their (back-ordered) tags and some stores have them on the shelf.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!
If you recently bought your NC at a best buy (within the last 30 days) go back to the store with your receipt and go to Customer Service. Show your receipt and say that you want your free cover. They will take your receipt, "return" your Nook, and then reprocess the purchase with the free cover included.

Personal Experience:
I bought my NC just over a week ago, and went into my local BB without my receipt. I went to CS and told them I wanted the free cover and that I didn't have my receipt, but they could look it up from my phone number or with the credit card I used to make the purchase. They looked it up, told me to go get my cover. I went and found the only $49.99 cover they have (Industrial Easel) and went back to customer service. He rang everything back up and gave me a new receipt and I left. About 10 minutes total.

I now have a free $50 cover that will be going straight to ebay. Maybe Craigslist first, but either way, I see it as a discount to my original purchase since I already got a cover I actually like. :)

Woot! Go Best Buy!

I know there are a lot of people that just got their NC's so go and take advantage of this offer.

evoNC

Jan 20, 2011
Thanks. I've been checking almost daily for stock updates at my local stores. They had that back order tag also and offered me a raincheck. Too bad they cant guarantee a cover when it does come in.

torres546

Feb 5, 2011
I just bought my book today at b&n. Does anyone know if they will price match the offer? Otherwise, i will do a return and go to best buy

evoNC

Jan 20, 2011
^ I highly doubt it. I've tried numerous times (maybe 4 different salespeople, 2 different stores) to get any kind of discount or free accessory. I always get something in the line of: "its still very new for us to discount."

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
MOST IMPORTANTLY!
If you recently bought your NC at a best buy (within the last 30 days) go back to the store with your receipt and go to Customer Service. Show your receipt and say that you want your free cover. They will take your receipt, "return" your Nook, and then reprocess the purchase with the free cover included.

Thanks and nice find faceman, too bad I brought mine from B&N. I'm sure there are many owners here on the forum that are within that 30 day window. :)