Freezing on wake? - Possible issue with type 2 sd card

Fallen

Jun 26, 2012
New here :).. In all honesty, I walked in to B&N in search of a particular book, Magic of the Recluce (great book by the way.) They didn't have it. Wife who was with me questioned why I don't have a nook with the amount of reading I do. I had never really though of it before as I have a Thinkpad X120e netbook. Fabulous machine, though just a tad big still to be ultra-portable. I also have an iPhone, of course too small for reading. Needless to say, I walked out of the store new nook in hand.

I digress...

Reason for the first post is a general observation. I've recently noticed that every time I try to wake the nook from it timing out, it will freeze with the "wake bar" across the screen, nothing further. Every time requires a reset. I had just thrown in an SD card I had lying around. From what I can tell, the recommended nowadays is type 4, mine was type 2. I've taken the card out since, though it did freeze the exact same way while testing. Though I will say, I think this might have been the cause of my issue. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Fallen welcome to the forum. A micro SD card that is class 4 or higher is definitely recommended. However, if you're still experiencing the problem after removing the card, you should return the tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Congrats and welcome :)

Definitely not normal. Since your Nook Tablet is still new you may want to try a factory reset to see if it clears the problem. Hold both the power and n button until the Nook reboots. Once it reboots you will see the "n" logo appear on the screen. Let go of the buttons 2-3 seconds after this appears. You should then get a factory restore screen press n (home key) to continue and then press the n key again to confirm.

Hopefully that will clear the freezing issue. If not return it for another.

JP

Fallen

Jun 26, 2012
Alrighty. I brought it to the store today. Techy kinda gal there did the factory reset. At which point, the keyboard would not show up for registering no matter what we did. I ended up upgrading to the 16gb model. Found out the 8gb had a 512kb processor, figure I may want to spend a little extra now in case I find I can use it. New one works like a charm :)

Fallen

Jun 26, 2012
Nexus looks good, though considering I wasn't really looking for a tablet... I've still my little x series thinkpad that runs diablo :)