Front Camera Ceased Working After Update

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
Yes, I am using it like most would.

well that's interesting. If "most" is correct then expectations have slipped a long way since I began buying technology. But then more people are 'fresh' into it and have *very* low expectations of what a computer can do.

Personally I'm stunned that a dual core 1.5 or so GHz dual core 400Mhz GPU device can be such as it is.

My 286 was more reliable with stuff even if it was slower.

TBH, if I were to be using all the options you are, I'd not have purchased an Aldi tablet in the first place.
well I wouldn't have bought one in the first place. This was a 'gift' from a mate who thought that I'd find it convenient. I've already had a mediocre run in with Samsung Android phones (using Gingerbread and then Froyo) with inconsistencies, poor battery life, patchy (sometimes good sometimes crap) functionality that I thought maybe in another 3 years Android may mature.

My mate's experience with his LTE and his wifes Tab 7.x has shown me that spending more doesn't give more. Neither (for instance) can connect to his (or my) WiFi router ... google shows its a common ICS problem on the Samsung range ATM.

my 4 year old Nokia does a better job of holding a WiFi for instance ... so why should it be so hard?

Not to say that in any way excuses Bauhn for all these basic functionality issues,

exactly :)

but you did buy an el-cheapo tablet to try and use as a main device.

no, my Nokia and this IBM Thinkpad are my main devices. Despite their ages they are streets ahead of this junk.

I would have been looking at devices more in the region of $500 if I were serious about it, and would have ensured it had a
but why? I mean for that money you can get an actual laptop which has a better set of IO on it and a real multi tasking windowing environment ...

Or I would have purchased a more expensive phone with larger screen.
my problem there is the invasiveness of the stuff on them. Until they sort that out I'm sticking with my Symbian phone (which gives me a good WiFi connection) and a laptop.

my view is that as new people come to the IT fold the depth of expectations drops to the thickness of the new devices.

I've already had people say to me "why would you need a USB port" ...

:)

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
LOL, well, even I like to have the USB port :p

If I want to do anything serious in a mobile way, I take my i7 notebook along.

BTW, my netbook (just an old thing with an Atom N450 & 2Gb RAM) with ICS (Android x86) on there is very responsive. If the hacked OS could run the graphics like Windows it would be fantastic. It can do Android games but trying to play video is painful in the extreme.
It runs the wireless really well too. I have it dual booting with XP. It's interesting melding a mobile OS to more substantial hardware. It's even managing to scale the processor between 1GHz and 1.66GHz.

manuelnavarro

Mar 6, 2013
I cant use my camera bec. everytym i click the camera logo the always response is (cant connect to the camera) what can i do to fix it??? pls help me :) Bauhn AMiD 972XS

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Tempo have released an update to fix the camera, but be careful and read the instructions carefully, make sure to do updates in the correct order.
I did mine and my camera is working again, now Skype will be useful :)

AMiD-972XS Software Update