Froyo modded NC SD Cards not showing up when USB is connected to PC? Help.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I have a NC with the Froyo 668 installed. I notice that when I connect to my PC the sd cards no longer show up as portable storage devices. I do have ADB working amazingly so. But dont know what to do to see my SD storage. Anyone have any ideas on this??

BTW when I had Phiremod Beta 2 installed the results were the same. No sd cards show up with it either, In both cases the notification bar says that it is connected in USB debugging mode. And in the device manager I see the NC listed under Android phone. So it is connected properly.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Silver

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
How do I reinstall the USB Mass storage Drivers? Do I need to delete the Android Phone Device to get this to happen?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Assuming you're on Windows 7 :

Computer > Properties > Device Manager > Universal serial bus controllers

$Capture.JPG

You can un-install all USB drivers [and they will be installed whenever you connect devices]

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Yes I am on Win 7. I unistalled the USB Mass Storage device and let it recan. It now does show up under portable devices as it should alang with Android phone. But the drives are not showing up in My Computer??? What am I missing??

BTW I did get the wifi sharing working.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I went into Computer Management in the Disk Management section. The NC SD Cards show up but list as "No Media" If I change Drive Letters they appear and disappear in My Computer. So for some reason Win7 doesn't see them as loaded SD Cards. It sees them as portable drive readers with no cards inserted.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I think you need to tell the nook to actually enable USB communications, but I am at work and don't have my cable with me to verify how.

You can always download something like samba and use it wirelessly. I don't actually recall the last time I used my cable to connect my NC to my PC. I even use wireless ADB...

With dropbox to get screenshots off my NC and samba to put files on there...

csrabear

Dec 25, 2010
I have a NC with the Froyo 668 installed. I notice that when I connect to my PC the sd cards no longer show up as portable storage devices. I do have ADB working amazingly so. But dont know what to do to see my SD storage. Anyone have any ideas on this??

BTW when I had Phiremod Beta 2 installed the results were the same. No sd cards show up with it either, In both cases the notification bar says that it is connected in USB debugging mode. And in the device manager I see the NC listed under Android phone. So it is connected properly.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Silver

Try this: Pull down the notification bar to access the usb connection message. It will say something like "Touch here to transfer files by USB" or something similar. Touch that message and it will bring up a large android robot with a button that you touch to enable file transfers. I hope this is what you need.

Ray

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Try this: Pull down the notification bar to access the usb connection message. It will say something like "Touch here to transfer files by USB" or something similar. Touch that message and it will bring up a large android robot with a button that you touch to enable file transfers. I hope this is what you need.

Ray

That was what I was looking for! Thanks and works great. Interesting in that it only shows the SD Card and not the internal storage though. No biggie just curious.