newbie question: why are my files not showing up?

boy80

Mar 8, 2011
hello

i just got my nook color rooted an running the
nookie-froyo-0.6.8.SDCARD.2GB.custom.1.img everything works fine, i can get market apps, etc angry birds works.

its a sd install on a 4g sd card using the file above

Im trying to get some video files and pdfs onto the nook to view, so I can access the my sd card thru my computer when connected to the nook, so i just drag the files over and i can see it on my computer but they dont show up when i open up astra to see if they are there. I have a pdf i there and I have installed adobe pdf reader on my nook but how do I find the file?

Its probably a very simple solution but I tried searching and nothing...can my sd be corrupt or am I just doing something wrong?

pls advise

thx

kookahdoo

Dec 23, 2010
Two drives come up. One is the internal drive and the other is the SD card. Try loading them onto the other.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Two drives come up. One is the internal drive and the other is the SD card. Try loading them onto the other.

Not true in this case, the OP is running a froyo from SD card, so connecting via USB to PC does not work the same as a basic rooted NC.

hello

i just got my nook color rooted an running the
nookie-froyo-0.6.8.SDCARD.2GB.custom.1.img everything works fine, i can get market apps, etc angry birds works.

its a sd install on a 4g sd card using the file above

Im trying to get some video files and pdfs onto the nook to view, so I can access the my sd card thru my computer when connected to the nook, so i just drag the files over and i can see it on my computer but they dont show up when i open up astra to see if they are there. I have a pdf i there and I have installed adobe pdf reader on my nook but how do I find the file?

Its probably a very simple solution but I tried searching and nothing...can my sd be corrupt or am I just doing something wrong?

pls advise

thx

Just to be clear, it appears you are running Froyo from an SD that you created is that correct? If so, when you put that SD into your computer you will only see the /boot partition of the card and you won't see the "storage" area of the card because it is a bootable SD. You will need to use an app like Samba (as Fuganater suggested) so that you can move files from your PC to the bootable SD's storage partition in order for your Froyo to see them.

Also, just so you are aware, the Froyo image you used is a 2gb image so your 4gb card will only have about 1gb of "storage" on it as far as Froyo is concerned.

boy80

Mar 8, 2011
hi thanks for your guys quick answer guys. I really appreciate it. This is the first android device i have got /played with and so afr its great. Yes Im running froyo, and I did manage to get the access using the info fuganator posted (thanks!)

the only thing is its bloody slow to transfer files thru using wifi, are there other means onf transfering files over? I used a partition program ad reallocated the space on my sd card so I have approx 2.6gigs free now. I will be getting a class 6 or 10 as my current class 4 4gig card is somewhat slow at times.

thx