Galaxy 10.1 Won't Turn On

Dozley11

Dec 23, 2014
I have a Samsung Note Tablet GT-N8013 i bought new in February 2013. My device will not turn on. I dropped a rather heavy piece of plywood from about 2 foot high on the screen. The plywood hit the tablet with the corner and made for a very concentrated impact point. I had a case on it with a flip over cover for the screen. I lifted the cover and to my surprise the screen wasn't broken and the device still worked. Well it wasn't until about two hours later that i was downloading a PDF file and when the screen timed out i couldn't get it to wake back up. The device still had about 20 percent battery at the time. I a very detailed video on disassembly. I feel confident that i could replace anything wrong but don't know where to start. Any suggestions? And also I have tried holding every button combination for over 60 seconds.

Klhj7

Oct 3, 2015
My kids dropped my tablet and it made the screen weird, like there were shadows on it. I turned it off and turned it back on to see if it helped, and the screen never came back on. I don't know if your situation is the same, but what I have to do is take the back off the tablet, disconnect the tabs (there's four, two near the top, then two on the battery. Lift the black tab so you can pull out the wires) then reconnect them and do a hard reset holding down the Up Volume button and the Power button at the same time. It works for me every time. Just be careful, after months of having to do this every couple weeks, the power button broke. But I wasn't careful, I didn't even consider that it could come off until I started seeing the orange sticker on the top slide off.