Galaxy 2 Tab keyboard crash

Whyzard

Sep 17, 2013
Hi fellas :)
I'm new here and have a question for everyone :) I read almost every single thread 'bout it on the Internet and can't find a working solution... My issue is about keyboard. Every time I try to run an application (every app, like chrome, store, gmail..) before the keyboard appear the app crash and stop working. I use system keyboard and didn't insalled any free keyboard on the store. I tryed to hard reset but, like i read on the blogs, the problem returned. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?
I read that one solution is to root the tablet, but i try not to because i have warranty and if I root the device i lose it. So please if someone figured out some way to resolve the issue tell me :) thanks everyone :)
Oh almost forgot... i have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 with Android 4.0.3

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I'd start by perhaps upgrading to a later version of Android? 4.1.1 came out months ago. I'd think twice before installing 4.2.2, tho. Might be trading one set of bugs for another. 4.1.1, except for the clipboard crash bug, seems pretty solid.

Jim

Whyzard

Sep 17, 2013
Got it, now I will try and let you know... but i have just 1 question, maybe stupid but i'm kinda new on android...can I do that from the device just updating the system in Settings or i have to do that via USB?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Whyzard, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 forum for you, where more people with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck and enjoy the forum!

BTW When you get a chance, please go to your profile and fill in the Tablet / Device entry. That way folks will know which tablet you have without you having to tell them every time.