Galaxy and non-Market apps

fred615

Dec 26, 2010
I received a Sylvania tablet for Christmas and the battery went south 3 weeks later. Rather than get a replacement and have another dead battery in a few months, I opted to spend a few more dollars and get the Samsung.. Wow, what a difference..!

But I had already downloaded and transferred a number of .apk apps to the Sylvania which I have kept on my PC. I went to transfer some to the Galaxy and it says I can't load any apps that were NOT obtained from the Android Market.! Is there a workaround for this?

I'm asking because I bought and paid for two apps directly from the third party software developers and now I can't load them onto the Galaxy ???? Doesn't make sense to me..

Any ideas?

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Yep, menu> settings> applications> unknown sources and enable the checkbox.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab.

onetiger64

Oct 2, 2011
seems so simple, yet if you have an at&t galaxy tab that last part, just isn't there. So are there solutions for those of us w/ at&t tabs?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
As I have learn from past experience, Carriers are notorious for blocking feature on your phone or tablets so you won't use. find the actual .apk file and drop it in the storage folder and run it from there see if it works.