Galaxy Tab 10.1: Problem With Browser

lithium1330

Apr 23, 2011
just this evening i've noticed the browser crashing. i do have the desktop mode enabled. i've also noticed the touch accuracy is off on some websites. this is especially evident on mail.yahoo.com, where if i scroll on the bottom reading pane, the top message pane scrolls instead. Anyone else?

by the way, is predictive text working for you? it predicts the words, but i cannot select the word from the list.

svd997

Dec 17, 2011
I've been having this problem really bad lately. It didn't matter what website I would try to visit it would crash evetytime. I tried lots of things, and the only thing that solved my problem was uninstalling Flash 11.1. Now it doesnt crash, but I don't have flash. Yay... Sorry to necro this thread.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I've been having this problem really bad lately. It didn't matter what website I would try to visit it would crash evetytime. I tried lots of things, and the only thing that solved my problem was uninstalling Flash 11.1. Now it doesnt crash, but I don't have flash. Yay... Sorry to necro this thread.

Go to settings applications manage applications then to the browser and selwct clear data. this removes cookies, bookmarks etc. then go backand reinstall flash

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

xxbeastxx420

Dec 24, 2011
You should download the dolphine browser from the android market it is realy good browser try that that might help

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

xxbeastxx420

Dec 24, 2011
Does anyone now if you can get a micro sd card adapter for the galaxy tablet and give it more storage for app music etc.

filipovic_d

Dec 25, 2011
Im using the Dolphin browser HD'.. i think that the brwoser is faster and better than the standard browser that follows with the tab. You can try it and se if ith works. Just download it in the Android Market

xxbeastxx420

Dec 24, 2011
Yes i agree ith you the dolphine browser is definally better then the one that comes with the device

gross57

Dec 30, 2011
hi stw,

I Have a new Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.1 and I am having the same prblem with the browser dropping out and reverting to the main page. Have you found a solution to the problem? I'm pretty unhappy having this problem showing up in less than one week after buying the tablet. Thanks, Ginny.

gross57

Dec 30, 2011
hi stw,<br><br>I Have a new Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.1 and I am having the same prblem with the browser dropping out and reverting to the main page. &nbsp;Have you found a solution to the problem? &nbsp;I'm pretty unhappy having this problem showing up in less than one week after buying the tablet. &nbsp;Thanks, Ginny.<br>

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
hi stw,

I Have a new Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.1 and I am having the same prblem with the browser dropping out and reverting to the main page. Have you found a solution to the problem? I'm pretty unhappy having this problem showing up in less than one week after buying the tablet. Thanks, Ginny.

Go to Settings - Applications - All - then click on browser then Clear Data

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Go to Settings - Applications - All - then click on browser then Clear Data
Wish had been a warning on this :-(

I had been having some intermittant browser issues so thought would try - but downside is it wipes all your bookmarks.

I tried to restore but keeps failing. maybe because backup was done on 3.1 and i'm now on 3.2.

dbonner

Feb 17, 2012
Hello last night the browser on my tablet (same as yours) stopped working. I can use firefox and other browsers but the app that cam with it won't work. Spoke to tech on phone he can't figure out why. Said I might have to reset it. sigh.......... Also the app Vevo won't work. Plays the song but you can't see the video.

basilsch

Aug 16, 2012
I am a new galaxy tab 10.1 user and have had my tablet a few days. I have now managed to loose all the icons at the top of the browser and cannot figure how to get them back. Please advise

Chris N

Jun 22, 2015
I found a really simple solution to this that is worth a try. It turned out that the browser did not have a home page set. It was trying to load a home page that did not exist, and eventually crashing when it failed. All I had to do was to set a home page that did exist, like www.google.co.uk. If you don't know how to set a home page (i.e. the web page that opens automatically when you first open the browser) look in settings, and if you still have no luck ask Google.