Galaxy Tab 2 7 Media Link DLNA to TV

Witterings

Nov 21, 2012
Hi,
My 1st post in here so please be kind and I'm new to tablets as well!

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7, is there any way I can get it to stream Video's / BBC iPlayer etc to the TV using anything like this HTC Media Link either directly into the TV or preferably via my AV system which may also offer me the ability to play music wirelessly as well
HTC Desire HD Media Link DLNA Streamer DG H100 - The Official HTC Accessory Store - United Kingdom

I'm not sure if that box is HTC specific or if there's anything else I could use ???

Any help much appreciated !!

captainkirkw

Nov 15, 2012
Check out this guys Youtube review.

I watched it last night since I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7 on the way to me, and he talks about streaming from the tab to a Smart TV. Not sure if that will help you but since I don't have mine yet and this will be my first Android device, I learned some things about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Witterings

Nov 21, 2012
Cheers for that but to throw away my £1500 Pioneer TV and replace it with a Smart TV at a cost of approx £700 so I can get my £200 tablet to stream video to it doesn't make a lot of sense :)

I think it's only this particular one that there's such a problem with, most of the others work with the adaptor and Samsungs Allshare but this one doesn't unless you have a Wireless DLNA TV or I believe can be done via a PS3 player so if it's something that you really want to be able to do would possibly send it back / exchange it for an alternative.

Shame as it's one thing I really wanted to be able to do with it !!

captainkirkw

Nov 15, 2012
I hear you. I am new to this as well since my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is supposed to arrive next week. I was hoping to be able to do the same with my Panasonic plasma so I have been reading up on this.

Of course, I can do this right now using my iPhone and iPad through my Apple TV but I want to be able to do it with the Galaxy Tab. I won't mind buying a device like the VIZIO Co-Star since it is only $100 but from what I understand, no Google TV device works that way right now, however they should be able to soon.

Last edited:

Witterings

Nov 21, 2012
I think one of these would probably work quite well
LG ST600 | Smart TV Upgrader

Although I believe that you can't get anything that's streaming ie not downloaded and saved onto your tablet to play via it, ie bbc iplayer, netflix or lovefilm which defeats why I wanted it anyway, not sure if that's so or if anyone else would know ????

Witterings

Nov 21, 2012
I think one of these would probably work quite well
LG ST600 | Smart TV Upgrader

Although I believe that you can't get anything that's streaming ie not downloaded and saved onto your tablet to play via it, ie bbc iplayer, netflix or lovefilm which defeats why I wanted it anyway, not sure if that's so or if anyone else would know ????