Galaxy Tab 3 7" Tablet

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello to all, Can anyone help me please? I have purchased a Galaxy Tab 3 7" tablet without doing any research and wondered if there is a way to connect this tablet to a TV with the cable that came with it or do I have to purchase another. I'm wanting to watch films that I may download on the tv. thank you for any information.I'm not that clued up with computers.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You would need to look for an MHL to HDMI cable for your tab. The normal way to watch TV from a tablet is to connect to the HDMI port but yours doesn't have one. It's still possible with that cable.

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello leeshor, Thanks for getting back to me. It seems that the Galaxy Tab3 SM-210 7" Tablet is not compatible with the OTG cable or the MHL one. I will have to try and find another way of connecting it to a TV.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hi pindero, assuming the TV is within WiFi range, I'd suggest you look into Chromecast. Plug the Chromecast unit into the TV HDMI port, install the free Chromecast app on your tablet and you won't need any cable at all. I'm using it myself in place of the 25' HDMI cable I used to run across the family room from my laptop to the TV.

Details, reviews etc. here: https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...MWayASbpoDABw&ved=0CKEBELkk&prds=hsec:reviews

Several articles here: Android Tablet News Depot

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Thankyou Spider,
I have been looking at the Chromecast and it does look ok, I keep trying this Galaxy Tab3 and wondering whether to keep it, my cheap tablet seemed to be easier to use.Then again I'm finding that things don't register with me like they used too.