Galaxy Tab: Sprint vs. Verizon.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
I have a quick question here. I looked into the spec of the sprint and verizon galaxy tab. Looks like they are almost identical except that the sprint has 128MB One D-RAM installed and verizon version does not have. I also read from a blog which said that the verizon version was more feature crippled, such as it has no option for bluetooth keyboard or some HID (human input device).

Anyone knows if the 128MB One D-RAM is not in the Verizon version? Is the claim of peripheral add-on feature limitation on verizon version true?

What's the purpose of this D-RAM memory? Does that mean sprint tab is supposed to have better performance?

Last edited:

androidph

Jan 27, 2011
I also would love to know the answer to this,

also, is it ok if I buy the month to month on sprint, cancel it then later change to verizon, is it possible? (sorry if I somehow highjacked the thread, OP)

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Not sure what the D-RAM is for either but another difference AFAICT between the Sprint and Verizon Galaxies is the Verizon allows for the Tab to be set up as a WiFi Hotspot while the Sprint does not have a menu setting for this. OTH the Sprint Galaxy has an option for tethering via USB while I did not see this as an option on the Verizon Tab.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
Not sure what the D-RAM is for either but another difference AFAICT between the Sprint and Verizon Galaxies is the Verizon allows for the Tab to be set up as a WiFi Hotspot while the Sprint does not have a menu setting for this. OTH the Sprint Galaxy has an option for tethering via USB while I did not see this as an option on the Verizon Tab.

Not true.

Sprint does have Hotspot app which provides the menu to share the tab's Sprint HotSpot with other wifi enable devices.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
So its an app that is natively provided as part of Sprint's app package on the tab or you have to install it from market? It definitely was not in the menu settings for wireless like it is on my Sprint Optimus phone (which can also be used as a wireless hotspot) and I saw nothing on the phone home screens or in the app listing. Perhaps BB removed it from the floor model.

Edit: Found the app on the floor model. Thanks.

Last edited:

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
So its an app that is natively provided as part of Sprint's app package on the tab or you have to install it from market? It definitely was not in the menu settings for wireless like it is on my Sprint Optimus phone (which can also be used as a wireless hotspot) and I saw nothing on the phone home screens or in the app listing. Perhaps BB removed it from the floor model.

Edit: Found the app on the floor model. Thanks.

great you found it there. :)

fred615

Dec 26, 2010
Not true.

Sprint does have Hotspot app which provides the menu to share the tab's Sprint HotSpot with other wifi enable devices.

So is this a way to connect to a wireless printer? The printer is not bluetooth so that doesn't work..

fred615

Dec 26, 2010
try connect to network thru wifi?

Yes (I think!). I have a wireless printer attached to my desktop and I can print from my laptops no matter where they are in the house. But if I can connect to wifi using the Sprint Hotspot app, can I then send print jobs through that to my internet connected PC?

Mich1248

Feb 14, 2011
I also would love to know the answer to this,

also, is it ok if I buy the month to month on sprint, cancel it then later change to verizon, is it possible? (sorry if I somehow highjacked the thread, OP)
would like to know if u can hook up a sprint tab on verizon as well....