Galaxy Tab wifi only

H

HenrietteK

Hello.
I'm thinking about getting a Galaxy Tab wifi only, but are there any other spec differences between the P1000 and the P1010 other than the missing 3G?

Any known software issues with the P1010?

Thank you

/Henriette

Sent from my E10i using Android Tablet Forum

killuarey

May 3, 2011
I just bought my P1010 last week, I love it :
As far as I've seen there's no issues I found in the P1010 version

piercer

May 2, 2011
I've got the galaxy tab, wifi only version, for almost a moth now and I absolutely love it. After skimming on the specs, I noticed that it had a lower class of graphics. And the versatility to play almost all types of videos, is gone. With the lower class graphic capability, the wifi only version, can not play full hd and some 720 videos that are not xvid/vidx. But, if you are not an hd freak, then you can go about without this one.

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
I've got the galaxy tab, wifi only version, for almost a moth now and I absolutely love it. After skimming on the specs, I noticed that it had a lower class of graphics. And the versatility to play almost all types of videos, is gone. With the lower class graphic capability, the wifi only version, can not play full hd and some 720 videos that are not xvid/vidx. But, if you are not an hd freak, then you can go about without this one.
I got my tab wifi yesterday. And it's a tremendous improvement over my other tablet that ran at a snail's pace, clunky resistive screen, crashing virtual keyboard, and sluggish WiFi. But one thing odd about the Galaxy Tab WiFi is that unlike my old tablet, the tab can't play native HD files like .ts and mpeg. Totally odd.

When I tried to copy those files onto the device, I was prompted if I wanted to convert them, otherwise was warned they may not play. I opted not to convert. And sure enough, they weren't even recognized by the stock gallery video player. I then copied again and it converted the mpeg file to wmv. Went to play it and it looked really bad. Aspect ratio not correct, resolution degraded. So disappointing. Found another player to play the TS file and it was having great trouble keeping up with it. Again so odd as my other tablet at 1/3rd the price could play native HD .ts files real smooth but not the Galaxy Tab WiFi.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Agree with the above regarding the video issues, plus I found that the WiFi version also does not support HID bluetooth peripherals such as keyboards and mice that are supported by the GSM Carrier Galaxy tabs (AT&T/T-Mobile). I'm actually really disappointed that Samsung chose to cut corners on the WiFi tab version - seems to be a sleazy/clunky attempt to cut costs while not significantly cutting the non-subsidized price of the tab.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I just got a WiFi Galaxy Tab myself, and not having used the 3G versions I'm not sure what usability differences there are but I am enjoying the device. I also have a Huawei S7 with resistive screen and what really strikes me is how capable the S7 is. Capacitive screen and much better battery life of the Galaxy Tab aside they are both great tablets. Maybe it is the higher resolution of the Galaxy Tab but the S7 actually seems to run more applications. Of course I am in a situation where I don't always have the Market available so I get non model specific software from a variety of other places.

The physical design of this tablet is amazingly cool as well.