Games on Tegra 2 Advent Vega, Viewpad 10S and POV tablets

DTSmobile

Nov 11, 2011
First of all, thank you and thank you all for this great forum and I really like reading all of the information gathered here.

Goes directly to the topic, does anyone ever catalogue which version of the games run smoothly on our devices? as the procie suggested, Tegra 2 should be capable bringing us HD experiences in Android gaming. But like we all knew, our devices isn't exactly "compatible" with android games producers. And sees post on other thread regarding games, I sure like to know more of it.

Let me start with mine: games run smoothly on my Viewsonic Viewpad 10S 3G. Rooted Stock Froyo (Stock is always a good start to search a compatible games, IMHO)

1. Air Attack HD
, for Samsung 7' Galaxy Tab 1st Gen.
2. Eternal Legacy, for Samsung 7' Galaxy Tab 1st Gen.ver 1.0.5
3. Heavy Gunner 3D, for Samsung 7' Galaxy Tab 1st Gen.ver 1.0.1
4. Sandstorm HD, for OEM Foxconn FB400 device, Axioo VIGO/Motorolla Triumph/CSL Spice. Graphics on mine a little bit off, maybe a glitch in download process.
5. Hero of Sparta , for OEM Foxconn FB400 device, Axioo VIGO/Motorolla Triumph/CSL Spice.ver. 3.0.4 screen not really scalling on tittle
6. Hawx, for OEM Foxconn FB400 device, Axioo VIGO/Motorolla Triumph/CSL Spice.ver. 3.0.2
7. Samurai II Vengeance, OEM Foxconn FB400 device, Axioo VIGO/Motorolla Triumph/CSL Spice.
8. Asphalt 6 HD, OEM Foxconn FB400 device, Axioo VIGO/Motorolla Triumph/CSL Spice. ver 3.0.9

Anyone care to tell me about other games?

Last edited:

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
At the moment I am using ViewComb and here are some of my installed apps:
  • Angry Birds (any Version is working fine)
  • Death Worm (1.08)
  • Dragon, Fly! Free
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (Tegra-Game)
  • Muffin Knight
  • Sprinkle (Tegra-Game)
  • Stand O'Food 3
  • Super Stickman Golf
  • Virtual City

DTSmobile

Nov 11, 2011
At the moment I am using ViewComb and here are some of my installed apps:
  • Angry Birds (any Version is working fine)
  • Death Worm (1.08)
  • Dragon, Fly! Free
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (Tegra-Game)
  • Muffin Knight
  • Sprinkle (Tegra-Game)
  • Stand O'Food 3
  • Super Stickman Golf
  • Virtual City

*Thanks DaHanz.

Additional Info: Using viewcomb now, restoring app and games by Titanium Backup, some games using accelerometer from stock froyo is now behave erratically. List from my previous list which accelerometer doesn't run smoothly:*
  • Asphat 6 HD
  • Heavy Gunner 3D
New game which run smooth are:*
Gun Bro

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
i got a game on my point of view called SHADOWGUN, the graphics are amazing, i just cant believe such a simple tablet can run graphics like this.
i need a good car game for the tablet now.

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
tested games on viewcomb 3.2

Samurai II Vengeance
- crashs loading up
Sprinkle - restarts the tablet.

on android 2.2 game Samurai II Vengeance worked fine. sprinkle would not install.

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
ok shadowgun doesnt run now either, it just crashes. this is no good im going back to android 2.2, viewcomb is just not worth it, its too unstable and unreliable.

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
ok shadowgun doesnt run now either, it just crashes. this is no good im going back to android 2.2, viewcomb is just not worth it, its too unstable and unreliable.
well, just can't agree to that for 100%!
I am also using viewcomb and i have to extend my former list with this (very well) working games:
  • GTA III
  • Cut the Rope

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
oh, how did this happen?
did you already ask for help in the viewomb thread?

Gesendet von meinem ViewPad 10S mit Tapatalk

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
yes, its the usb loader message that comes up. thankfully these devices are virtually unbrickable since you just put it back into recovery mode and reflash it.

iv just gona back to stock 2.2 rom now from point of view. the screen rotation doesnt lag, its considerably more stable than honeycomb 3.2, more reliable too. only thing honeycomb has is the faster swipe speeds due to hardware acceleration.

i wont bother trying any more flashes on this with honeycomb now, its just not ready for proper stable daily use. if i keep doing reflashes etc its just going to wear out the internal Nand flash, which i dont think is replaceable.

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
thats good to know. are there any mods available to increase the onboard nand? everytime i install an app it first installs to the onboard nand then i have to move it with app manager to sd card. but still not all of it moves over to the sd card and my onboard nand is filling up now.

any mods to always have apps install themselves to the sd card insted?

k.pax

Nov 1, 2011
i playing these game on my viewpad 10s :

summitsnowboard
modwarsniper
gta III
jellydefense
shadowgun
fl commando
skate party
samurai II
asphalt 6

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
jelly defence is awsome, some games dont work for me on stock firmware 2.2, like riptide and one more game that is tilt based, its always turning to the left or right and never works properly. however those games did work fine on viewcomb, but viewcomb had issues with other games and other stability issues too.

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
anyone else experience this issue with motion sensor games that require tilting? on stock 2.2 firmware these motion sensor games like riptide dont work properly, they keep going in one direction. in viewcomb 3.2 the motion sensor games seem to work fine.

iv tried using the game mode option on g-sensor in firmware 2.2 but it still doesnt register mostion movements in the games. is there any fix for this?
thanks.