G'day all

fonzi

Mar 8, 2014
G'day all,fonzi from Australia here.

Im quite familiar with android itself,having a few diff models of phones but Ive just bought my first adroid tablet,Thomson 10.1" from Target.
Missus has a Nexus 7 and I really wanted to try a 10.1" without spending much.
Ive heard mixed reviews on these tablets,some have had duds but as long as it functions its decent for its price.I think some people just expect to much for its price tag.
Currently AUD $149 at Target in Australia,and that what I payed.

I found its quick enough with no real lag,at least in the few days Ive had it for so far.
Resolution is average/OK considering its 10.1" screen res is only 1024x600 (like most on the cheap end of the scale) and you really have to hold it at a certain angle for the brightest clearest picture,this may or may not be an issue for some,its not overly bad,but easily noticeable,but it doesnt bother me to the degree that I would return it. As I wanted a 10.1" but didnt want to pay $200 and over.
Comes with an AC charger with one of those little plugs like the Nokia phones but it also charges from USB to its mini USB port too.

The one odd things I was about to look up how to root this tablet and found its comes rooted!
No superuser app in apps drawer (I installed one from playstore though)

The tablet didnt come with any chinese bloatware at all,but it does come with a few preinstalled apps Ive no interest it,which I later removed with a root app uninstaller anyway.

So far Ive had no issues with this tablet and as long as you dont expect to much (and dont get a dud) and can get it for AUD $150 max I say its a decent buy.
The problem is some people will buy it and wont like it cause its not superfast or have a high resolution,but hey,you are only paying AUD $150 for this.
If you want a high end tablet then be prepared to pay a higher price.

If anyone is interested,specs are:

Thomson-electronics.com said:
Display: 10.1” Capacitive Multi-Touch Panel
Screen Size: 25.65cm [10”] widescreen (16:9)
Resolution: 1024 x 600 pixel
CPU: ARM Cortex A9 1.5GHz Dual Core Processor
Operation System: Google Android 4.1.1
Internal RAM: 1GB DDR3 High Speed Memory
Flash Memory: Nand Flash 16GB
Memory Card: Micro SD Maximum support 32GB
Camera: Front facing 0.3 mp, Back 2.0mp camera
Wireless: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
PC interface: Micro USB
Others: Built-in Speaker, Earphone jack, Built-in Microphone, HDMI Ver 1.4a
Built-in software: Adobe Flash player, Gmail, Play StoreBattery: Lithium-ion 5000mAh

Official site link:
16GB M1002

fonzi

Mar 8, 2014
btw: If I were to post questions/help etc about this tablet,which section of the forum of tablets should it best be posted in?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
G'day fonzi, congratulations on your new Thomson MID1002 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question specific to your tablet, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to ask for help. Just click that link and you'll be there.

fonzi

Mar 8, 2014
Yeah,I found there is no dedicated Thomson tablet section so just wanted to check.Thanks.
And cheers for the welcome.