Gentouch NBA7800ATP factory reset

kevins7189

Jul 28, 2010
any current owners? I have one, but need to do a factory reset to remove personal information, and it won't do so. When doing factory reset it just reboots immediately, and is not erased. thanks for any tips

kevins7189

Jul 28, 2010
my apologies, new to android. I did not find on screen or in manual boot to recovery. Just under Primary/Factory reset/Erase Everything. But that doesn nothing. I found a terminal under dev tools, how do you get the keyboard in the terminal?

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
my apologies, new to android. I did not find on screen or in manual boot to recovery. Just under Primary/Factory reset/Erase Everything. But that doesn nothing. I found a terminal under dev tools, how do you get the keyboard in the terminal?

it should auto-popup if you click the screen in terminal. then type:
reboot recovery
then press enter

if that doesn't work, not sure...

kevins7189

Jul 28, 2010

it should auto-popup if you click the screen in terminal. then type:
reboot recovery
then press enter

if that doesn't work, not sure...

hmm that doesn't seem to work, no keyboard. I tried setting this as "initial command", that didn't seem to work either. thing is a big pos

braveit1

Jul 29, 2010
To get access to the keyboard, press and hold the menu button on the back of the unit. You can also press-hold the home button for a running app display.

Last edited:

remailednet

Jul 29, 2010
Hmm, found out how to do the factory reset on it. Problem is, it took out all the extra apps that came with it. :)

I wouldn't advise doing this unless you don't want the apps that came with the device, like if you are returning it and want your info wiped off.

Do your normal Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Tablet-PC
Before you click on 'Erase Everything' hold down the Home button on the back.
The device should either reboot (keep the Home key down) or power off. I've had it do both to me.
If it powered off, just keep the Home key pressed and power it back on.

It looks like the key here is to go into recovery mode on the very NEXT boot after choosing to do a factory reset. And to go into recovery mode you hold the Home key down as it powers up.
There were a couple of times that the screen turned a sickly white. I just stuck a paper clip in the reset hole and it came back up just fine.

braveit1

Jul 29, 2010
I also found out last night that if you power on the machine while holding the menu button you will boot to an Android System Recovery Utility.
Options include:
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

only problem is that I haven't figured out how to select an option. Holding down any button does not bring up the keyboard and the touch screen does not respond at this point. Look like you need an external keyboard to select anything.

angelpaws

Aug 5, 2010
I am also having this same problem. I called Augen and they said and update for the factory reset / clearing of private data would be available on Thursday. I bought mine and it has a defective screen, and I can't return it until I clear the private data and I cannot. I hope this fix does indeed come out on Thursday because I am anxious to return this and swap it for one with a good screen.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
What's wrong with the screen? Dead pixels or stuck pixels or the screen is washed out showing more grey?

angelpaws

Aug 5, 2010
It's strange. There is a line down the center and the right side of that line is darker. At first I thought it was a graphical effect because it only shows up on darker colors, so i thought it was a sort-of theme thing. But when I went to view photos and videos I realized, oh crap, it's a defect. You can't see this division line on white or light colors, so that's why I thought it was an effect at first.
$screen.jpg