Getting error when installing some apk's from other markets (unable to parse package)

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
I have the Kyros rooted and have several alternative markets installed on it. I tried to install Android market by following the steps in this forum but it did not work, and I have not had time to retry it.

I use Applanet a lot because it is the closet market out there to the actual market. On their top apps today they actually have Market apk. When I try to install it I get the following error;

"Unable to parse package"

It does not just happen on this particular app, but from other apps from different markets too. I do not see any info on this here, unless I missed it. How do you overcome this? Is there a fix, or an adjustment?

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
I had that problem using my phone to download from the market and then using astro file manager to back up. Then I would try to side load the apps and I would get that error. I rooted and installed the Google experience and haven't had the problem since

Sent from my SPH-M900

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
So I see what The Google Experience is, but where did you download it to run on your phone? Was it an option that was just not enabled on your phone, or did you side load it and then install? Any help here is great!

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
Most EXCELLENT @JETTA02AWP, that was an easy little update and it all worked. Had an issue getting in the recovery image at 1st, but scrolled down the screen on the page and found alternative way to get in, thanks!!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
@lowesmobile Thanks for the info about Applanet. got apps that the Market cant get for the coby. Fios remote. sd card tester ect... thanks for this info

roojvi

Feb 3, 2012
This the method that I used...just make sure before flashing the clockwork mod recovery type this
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install- recovery.sh.bak or else the clockwork recovery will only work once

ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED

Dear I am new to the tablet, my model is WonderMedia WM8650, Android Version 2.2, Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-default... Please Please Pleaseeee guide me to solve my problems ... :( I can't access the market of android, then I installed Applanet, again getting "Unable to parse package" error....!! I don't know anything about Rooting or whatever needs to dealt with, and also there is no access to Gmail as well. What should I do? Please can you help me???

roojvi

Feb 3, 2012
I just read in an introductory that Rooting and Upgrading is not meant to be dealt by the end users? Then why everyone keeps telling about Rooting and Upgrading...??? there is an upgrade available for android version 4.... so should'nt I upgrade it?