GoClever Tab T73 (Haipad M701 ?!) - upgrade to 2.2/2.3?

Wabrik

May 10, 2011
Hi, i'm bit confused about firmware updates, therefore i have a question about my tablet and upgrading it.

While looking specs and looks, its like haipad M701, but name is different.

TABLET ITSELF:

GoClever Tab T73

Specs:
Processor: armv6-compactible processor rec 6 (v6l), 720MHz
Cpu rev: 6
Cpu Architecture: 7
Hardware: telechips tcc89/91/92XX demo board
Board: tcc900_evm
Device: tcc8900
Revision: 0000
---
256MB RAM
---
4GB storage
---
7" 800x480 capacitive multitouch display
---
android 2.1-update-1
---
wifi, g-sensor etc etc

Pictures:
tab2.jpg

tab3.jpg

And some technical information:
tab1.jpg

tab2.jpg

tab3.jpg

QUESTION:

Is it possible to upgrade this tablet to 2.2 or 2.3? While it's very similar to HAIPAD M701, will haipads upgrade tutorials and roms works with my tablet?

Last edited:

upthecreek101

Jan 3, 2011
QUESTION:

Is it possible to upgrade this tablet to 2.2 or 2.3? While it's very similar to HAIPAD M701, will haipads upgrade tutorials and roms works with my tablet?

Well, I own a Haipad clone (not the same as yours) with an almost identical build spec. There are many such clones, all with small variations against the M701. The honest answer to your question is that you can't be sure. The relevant Sticky on this forum advises against it:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ares-intended-other-versions-your-tablet.html

but it is down to your attitude on the risk. Is there some feature or fix that you really require in 2.2 or 2.3 ? If you do try to upgrade make sure that you have recovery working and tested first, so that you have a way back to your original 2.1 firmware image if needed.

Wabrik

May 10, 2011
Well, actually the update is not neccesary, everything is stable and works. Just curious.... :)

upthecreek101

Jan 3, 2011
Well, actually the update is not neccesary, everything is stable and works. Just curious.... :)

Same with my tablet :) I've been tempted to try upgrading to the M701 2.2/2.3 firmware but then reality checks in and I realise that the gain would be minimal (if any) and the risk is quite high.

Squel

May 17, 2011
I have a tablet GC T73. Adnroid in version 2.1 it badly, I did restore factory settings but it did not help. The only thing I've got left is to install the firmware. Unfortunately, nowhere can I find the original firmware from GoClever T73. Is it possible to upload a firmware from another appliance or a custom rom? Sorry for My bad English

bujok

May 12, 2011
Do the factory settings. Then root yoir tablet with z4root. Using adb change mali.ko driver and install autorun killer. Im using t73 with all this updates and everything is fine. I managed to connect huawei e156 today and make it owork with 3g. If u have problem pm me.

Sent from GoClever Tab T73 using TapTalk

Squel

May 17, 2011
bujok do you use stock launcher ?
Do you now a magic combination to enter the recovery menu ?

bujok

May 12, 2011
I dont know how o enter recovery. I sent email to goclever and as far they arent going to make an update to 2.2. Haipad m701 rom doesnt work. Im using launcherpro plus. Its the fastest and stable for me.

Sent from GoClever Tab T73 using TapTalk

Squel

May 17, 2011
When I useing launcher pro I have always reload of desktop.
I install zeam launcher for android 2.1 and every thing working greate.
Thx for answer on other forum about video player mvideoplayer ;)

aulija

Jul 14, 2011
Hi,
I'm new here so I don't know if that's a right place to post my questions :(. If not, then please forgive me and write me where should I post it. Thanks
Guestion one: How is your wifi on GC T73 working? Does your tablet see available wifi's? I'm siting next to router, my laptop has perfect connection but my GC is showing low reception :confused: and often disconeting. Did you notice the same problem or should I place an complaint?
Guestion no two: Did you install Adroid 2.2 on your GC t73? Can I do that? if yes, can you please let me know can I do that?
MANY THANKS

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
Anybody with a kind heart (who has Dropad D10 with Android 2.3) willing to dump their Gingerbread firmware? I will literally jump with joy if you could.

many sites are already selling the 2.3 version of Dropad D10, so if you are the one who purchased any of the updated version, please dump your firmware for us.

Links to sites selling Dropad D10 with Gingerbread:

Pandawill

HonkongGeek

Amazon Japan

Chinistore

Andxroid

Or, if anyone with a knowledge of migrating/moving/porting (whatver you call it) the ft5x06 (D10's touch input) driver from stock 2.1/CyanogenMod version to Haipad's 4GHY version of Gingerbread firmware, that would do as well. SD wouldn't work, but at least it will still be useabl 2.3 for Dropad D10.

Many thanks!

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
ok now, i am able to cook a Gingerbread firmware for this, based on M7014GHY. capacitive screen works great in this firmware... as well as wifi.

but the hardware keys are broken. only power and back buttons work, and back 'Button' works as menu.

by the way i already copied/tried the files from /system/usr/keylayout - no effect
#getevents does not react to the remaining buttons (M and front)

so this must be within the kernel itself

but just in case you have other idea for me to check, that would be great!

I'll upload it once this issue is corrected.

thanks!

Last edited: