Google account on Viewpad 7e

maghoxfr

Mar 26, 2012
Hello,

I'm fighting with this issue since I bought this tablet. This was my first tablet and I'm learning to use it still, but I'm getting used to it now. I use linux on my pc so I'm used to do tweaks and going through forums to find solutions.

My problem is that I cannot create a google account on this tablet. I've read that it's not fully licenced so it's not supported. I created a facebook account with no problem, but I cannot even install the official gmail app (not via appbrain neither manually with the apk) it gives me this error:

Parse error. There is a problem parsing the package.

I installed the google play app but it asks me to create an account and then I'm back on the beggining:

I go to accounts & sync > add account. There I have the facebook account and corporate account, I tap on corporate, type my gmail address and password but it prompts me:

Setup could not finish. Unable to open connection to server.

I can log in my gmail inbox via dolphin browser. I set up the two step verification and I can log into youtube, gmail etc. But I cannot sync my tablet to them.

I tried many things but nonw of them worked. Any help? It will be much appretiated.

THank you

maghoxfr

Mar 26, 2012
is there any file I need to modify? this is driving me crazy. I can't even install the app of this very site as it asks me for an account that I can't create.

Viewpadpodder

May 23, 2012
Hi maghoxfr,

The viewpad 7e doesnt support the android market/play market you have to use the 1mobilemarket as the pad isnt google approved. The built in mail app on the unit only works with google business corporate accounts which you have to pay for :-(

Viewpadpodder

May 23, 2012
Hi Maghoxfir,

I have been told the following may work
Domain\Username: \(user)@gmail.com
Password: (password)
Server: m.google.com
im gonna try later as its been buggin g me though I have set up a manual email account.