Google Android 7" Touchscreen Eken Tablet w/ WiFi, 3G Support & 2GB Storage

exiler

Jun 6, 2012
I just received this tablet and the instructions are not any good. When I try WIFI, they ask me to supply a password.
What password are they talking about. How can I connect without knowing the password for the WIFI networks?
Also I tried to connect to Google and tried to put in my password, the letters were found but I could not find the numbers
to enter.
I have been trying for a week with no luck. If any one can help with the above, thank you. Also do you know were I can get
a manual?

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
I just received this tablet and the instructions are not any good. When I try WIFI, they ask me to supply a password.
What password are they talking about. How can I connect without knowing the password for the WIFI networks?
Also I tried to connect to Google and tried to put in my password, the letters were found but I could not find the numbers
to enter.
I have been trying for a week with no luck. If any one can help with the above, thank you. Also do you know were I can get
a manual?

Hi exiler, you may find helpful info on eken site: Tablet PC,Car DVR - Eken(HK)  

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
to enter.
a manual?

Welcome to the forum!

Most WiFi networks that are not at a public location (corporate and personal) should be encrypted and require a password to help safeguard the computers on the networks as well as data.

If your ISP set up your WiFi router, they should have left you with the SSID (WiFi Network Name) and a password. Quite often this is written on the box that it came in, or on the bottom of the WiFi router.

If a friend helped set it up, I would contact them to see if they can help you get your SSID and password.

To toggle the virtual keyboard between letters and numbers, there should be a button that says 123 on it to get to numbers/symbols. To toggle back to letters, look for an ABC button.

Maybe it asks your root wifi password.:D

Welcome to the forum losetemp, thanks for joining us here.

exiler

Jun 6, 2012
My router is not set up for WIFI. I want to use public WIFI networks outside and they ask for passwords. I thought
public WIFI was free. Or is it only the private networks that ask for passwords and how do I get it.

You helped me with the letter to number action and it worked fine.
Thanks

frund

Jun 8, 2012
not sure about public networks but most networks have password. Your tab should find any In Range wifi, so you have the SSID but often you need the network password. On home routers it will be on the label. The BT open ones you have to pay for a password per day or week and it is not cheap.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Some "Free" wifi spots you need to be guest.

Many hotels have free WiFi but you need to ask for a code. Some use a webpage to authenticate (or charge you) for usage.

Keep in mind, I would be wary of any WiFi hotspots named "Free Public WiFi" as most will not be named like that. If you are at a restaurant like McDonalds, ask what the WiFi network name is. A hacker can get a router (or set up their computer) to any WiFi network name and try to steal your info if you are not careful.