Google Maps/Navigation with WiFi Off

gedi

Oct 29, 2013
Hello folks,

Is there any way to use navigation when there is no wifi signal? My car navi does not need it, why do I need it here? :)
It shows my position in the map [at least], but when I try to direct to the point in the map [search is not working without wifi as well], it just stalls. I tried another thing - saved the screenshot map area to be available offline, but this did not help. What is the purpose then of saving the map???
Thanks for any ideas.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can save a route, but if you go off that route it will get confused. Just to be clear on 2 things, your MeMo needs to be able to see the satellites. And it doesn't work like your car because you car contains all the "real" maps. You can do the same with your MeMo by getting a GPS navigation app from the Play Store. My suggestion would be Sygic but it isn't free. There are some free apps on the Store, and pretty much all of them will download the maps and allow it to act like your car's GPS.

gedi

Oct 29, 2013
thanks guys, will try alternatives then.

p.s. what is the purpose then of the function that allows to save area of the map into the tablet? and in what catalogue is that stored?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can take that section you saved, not necessarily where you are, and see roads and such. I don't know where it's stored off the top of my head.