Google's Samsung Nexus 10 Photos & Specs Supposedly Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
nexus-10-tablet-pics-1.jpeg

It looks like the last few big "leaks" are finally dripping out for the mythic Nexus 10 device that Google intends to debut on Monday, October 29th. Just this morning we got a pic that was taken using the Nexus 10 by none other than Google's VP of Engineering, Vic Gundrota. This afternoon, a new leak finally gives us pics on the other side of that equation. These pics are supposedly of the finalized Samsung Google Nexus 10 tablet, and also show off the Android 4.2 version of Jelly Bean. Additionally, to go along with these pics, we supposedly have the final specs as well. Here are the specs below, followed by a link to the rest of the pics:

• Samsung Exynos 5250
  • Clocked at 1.7 GHz
  • Dual-core Cortex-A15
  • Mali-T604 GPU
  • 2GB RAM
  • 16GB internal storage (other options possible)
  • 10.1-inch Super AMOLED display
  • 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution
  • 298.9 pixels-per-inch
  • 5-megapixel rear-facing camera
  • LED flash
  • Front-facing camera
  • NFC
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Dual speakers located on front of device

nexus-10-tablet-pics-3.jpeg

One of the most intriguing things reported about this new device is how much better the display is than the current gen-3 iPad. One thing is for sure, we can't wait to see the official reveal on Monday, because these specs are phenomenal! Nice find BriefMobile!

Source: NexusTablets.net via BriefMobile

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
All I can say is Wow, with the Surface just available and the new iPads this thing had to be really something to garner attention and it seems to be up to the challenge. Possibly the greatest display ever on a tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have to say I think that thing looks hideous! I know the rumor is about the higher resolution screen but I don't see the point. There is clearly a point of diminishing returns on resolution and this makes no sense. All you get out of the deal is more battery drain and worse performance for having to push more pixels. If this were a large tv or monitor or something like that then the more pixels the better (4K-8K anyone?) but it really doesn't make sense on a tablet and will actually lead to more problems than it solves (what exactly is it solving again?). If this turns out to be the Nexus 10 I am out already.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Great post, thanks dgstorm. :)

This tablet is Flagship level, won't be cheap, but oh-the-Specs. :p

Lovely, and we only have to wait a few more sleeps to find out. Awesome.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I don't know where the sweet spot is on screen resolution, but although my GALAXY Note 10.1 uses the more standard resolution there was much criticism of it not having an hd screen (I'm perfectly happy with the screen, this is less a media consumption device and more of a productivity Device and the screen is about equal resolution to my laptop). I think the amoled display that is in the so called retina arena can only be a very big selling point for this tablet. This could easily be the best looking tablet screen ever available.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't know where the sweet spot is on screen resolution, but although my GALAXY Note 10.1 uses the more standard resolution there was much criticism of it not having an hd screen (I'm perfectly happy with the screen, this is less a media consumption device and more of a productivity Device and the screen is about equal resolution to my laptop). I think the amoled display that is in the so called retina arena can only be a very big selling point for this tablet. This could easily be the best looking tablet screen ever available.

There is a limit though. The resolution certainly has to be good enough to look nice. No disputing that, so getting in to the mid 200-250 PPI range is a good goal. But seriously on a everyday basis do you think you (general you, not you specifically) will be able to tell the difference in resolution between this and iPad3/4? I would rather have seen the money that went into the screen for that extra PPI go to the case, the camera, the RAM or the battery and use a 1680×1050 or 1920×1200 instead. But hey, that's just me.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
What I don't see on the spec list is ports or memory slots. But those specs are pretty sweet. It would beat the fruity pad. Might even cost less.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
What I don't see on the spec list is ports or memory slots. But those specs are pretty sweet. It would beat the fruity pad. Might even cost less.

from the Briefmobile article :

The unit used by our trusted source had 16GB of internal memory. There is no microSD card slot. Google is relying heavily on their new Drive and Play Store infrastructures for cloud storage, whether Android fans like it or not.

So, no SD card. :(

There's a lot of good pictures at the site, and good description of hardware and software features Worth a visit, me thinks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
For me, no SD card slot may be a deal killer, I'm out! ;)

I 'm not prepared to depend on ANY cloud storage if I have a chance of no connection. Not with 16GB of storage. So thanks yann2, you made my case for me. ;)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I am in agreement about the sd slot, and I think this is probably the price of admission to get the Nexus branding. Google apparently wants devices tied to their Google Drive.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Microsoft is attempting to do the same with Office 2013 and to some extent with Windows 8 and Surface. Call me old school but I'm not prepared for where they're going, not yet.

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
This sounds awesome 2 gigs of ram.better screen then ipad3 nice.right now apple will sue samsung because there is a tablet with a better screen lol.

combat_chuck

Jun 19, 2012
ha, I want to be the one guy that is finally willing to stand up and say "looks don't matter! It's the inside that counts!" but then I actually see the girl (or tablet in this case) and wonder why it had to be the ugliest girl in the whole school the one time I stand up and say something.

Wow that thing is ugly. I hope its just not photogenic and looks better in person.

Also, I know nothing about processors. Is that supposed to be a good one?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Right now, the galaxy note 10.1 with the Exynos processor and Mali 400 gpu is the most powerful device on the market. This tablet uses a higher clock speed, from 1.4 to 1.7 and uses a more advanced gpu, so I would think, without the benefit of benchmatks, that it will be the new champion, although I haven't seen the benchmarks of the A6x used in the new iPad either.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
By the way, I can't quite figure out the sudden alarm about asthetics, I hear people talk about the Note 10.1 like it is the ugly duckling of the Android family but I have one and although it might not be featured in moma (the museum of modern art) it is functional, with the front faceing speakers, which should be demanded of all tablets, and quite pleasing while in use. How much functionality are you willing to compromise in order to be the queen of the ball? Actually, when you think about it, how many people use a tablet without a case anyway? And when you do choose a case, it probably has more to do with others petception of the look of your tablet than the tablet itself.